The Affordable Service Program is one program, with one income cut-off, one program application and provides access to multiple municipal supports. This program will bridge the gap between many different affordability services offered in the community, making it easier to understand and access the many programs available with one card.
Who is the program for?
This program is for residents with affordability challenges. It will allow residents to sign up at one location, and understand what supports are available across Town.
What are the requirements for the program?
1. Income at or below:
a. Single individual: $31,200 ($15 per hour)
b. Family (2 or more in a household): $62,400 ($15 per hour)
c. Proof of income required: Acceptable proof includes GST / HST rebate; CRA Notice of Assessment; and others as deemed appropriate.
2. Residency Requirement:
a. Individual to prove that they are a current resident
b. No minimum residency time required
How do I sign up for the program?
To sign up for the program visit the Family & Community Support Services office which is located in the Canmore Civic Centre at 902-7th Ave. You can also call the FCSS office for more information at 403.609.3743. Eligible individuals will be provided with an Affordable Service Program Identification card. These cards can be presented to any of the above stakeholders to access affordable services.
This Program Launches March 1, 2017
What services can I access with this program?
1. Free local ROAM bussing - $3 card deposit required
2. 50% off Regional ROAM - $3 card deposit required
3. Recreation Fee Assistance – Membership, Campership - pdf Click here for Rec Fee Assistance Rates (1.54 MB)
4. Access to volunteer Income tax program
5. Grocery support and tips
6. Free access and notification of CSD Workshops – including Financial Literacy workshops.
7. Arts Place
• Courses workshops, camps and half day Friday programs -75% discount off regular non-member list price 2.
• Discounts (50% off) on movies, special screenings and live performances (does not apply to rentals)
• Free Sunday Family Arts Play programs including art drop-ins and live presentations
8. Canmore Public Library annual Library card