Get to know your Neighbours – Strengthen Your Community – Share in the Fun
Welcome to the Town of Canmore’s Neighbourhood Block Party Program!
We want to help you to build and strengthen community relationships by providing a unique opportunity to do so! A healthy community begins at home, and with a strong and connected neighbourhood. We want you to get together with friends, old and new and to meet and connect with those you don’t yet know!
The Neighbourhood Connector Trailer is jam packed with fun that can be booked by you and will be delivered to your location! All you need to do is get planning!
WHO CAN BOOK THE NEIGHBOURHOOD CONNECTOR?
In keeping with the spirit of connecting community, the trailer is available to be booked by:
- Residents of Canmore and the MD of Bighorn for neighbourhood get-togethers
- Local Non-Profit Community Groups and Associations (Mon-Thursday only)
*The Neighbourhood Connector cannot be booked for private functions or by corporate agencies and organizations.
WHAT IS IN THE TRAILER?
It contains everything you need to host an awesome Get-together including:
- A deluxe 6 Burner BBQ
- 6 Tables, 20 Chairs
- 10 x 10 Canopy tent
- Plenty of games for all ages
- Large Coleman Beverage container
- Recycling bins
- Cleaning Supplies
- Please note: Propane is not included
I’M INTERESTED – SO WHERE DO I BEGIN?
- Your first step should be to decide when and where you want to have your get together - pick a second ‘ideal’ booking date just in case yours is already taken. Ask your neighbours when would be convenient and don’t be shy to enlist their help in the planning!
- Next, come to the FCSS office to pick up your Application Package. They will be available for pick up at the FCSS office (located in the Canmore Civic Center) during regular business hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We will be able to answer any questions you have when you come in!
- Get planning: all paperwork (and any additional permits ie: block party permit) must be submitted with application no less than 2 weeks before your requested date so be sure to give yourself enough time. Dates will not be booked into the calendar until all of the paperwork has been completed/submitted/approved.
- Begin spreading the word – you need to provide notice to your neighbours (there is an invite template in the application package) and be sure to ask for their input!
- A $50.00 damage deposit must be paid to the FCSS office prior to your event date that will be returned post party inspection.
- Once everything has been approved, you will receive your Permit. Then, the Town of Canmore – Streets & Roads Department will then drop off/pick up the trailer at your approved location for your event!