Canmore offers spectacular mountain scenery for couples looking to have an outdoor wedding ceremony. Please review the wedding ceremony information below and complete the booking request form at the bottom of the page to check availability or make a booking.
Municipal Locations Include
- Quarry Lake is located at 101 Spray Lakes Road (Provincial Road 742) and offers outstanding mountain views in a natural setting. The wedding ceremony site is approximately 300 metres from parking area and accessibility to the ceremony site is by an unmaintained sloped pathway. The grassy area is natural and not maintained. There are pit toilet washrooms located nearby. This wedding location can accommodate a wedding up 170 people (Subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings).
- Rundleview Parkette is located at 900 Rundleview Drive. This location is on the east side of Rundleview Drive, approximately 120 meters from the intersection of Spray Lakes Road and Rundleview Drive. The grassed area is not maintained and there are no public washrooms onsite. This wedding location can accommodate up to 50 people (subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings).
- Riverside Park located on the east bank of the Bow River close to downtown Canmore. This park offers beautiful views of the river and of the majestic Three Sisters. This site offers a maintained grassed area and easily accessible from the downtown core. There are onsite washrooms and parking is very limited. This wedding location can accommodate up to 50 people (subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings). Please note that bookings for this location are not being accepted during the months of July & August.
- All wedding ceremony user groups must adhere to the current Government of Alberta Heath regulations for outdoor gatherings restrictions. For current information on social outdoor gatherings, please check the Government of Alberta website
- Parks are open to the general public
- Weddings may be booked up to two years in advance
- Gates at Quarry Lake and Riverside Park will not be unlocked for wedding ceremonies for any reason. Arrangements for guests with mobility issues and onsite set-up and take-down need to be made accordingly.
- Pets: where permitted, dogs must be kept on a leash while at the wedding ceremony site or in the park.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Rate||Rates effective October 1, 2022|
|Resident (Canmore, MD of Bighorn, or Morley)||$250 + GST (3 hours)||$300 + GST (3 hours)|
|Non-Resident||$500 + GST (3 hours)||$600 + GST (3 hours)|
*please note that rental bookings are for three hours, including set-up and take-down
Film Permit: Any filming (still or motion) that takes place on Town of Canmore lands or public spaces for professional or commercial purposes, requires a film permit. Public places include Town of Canmore-owned venues, streets, roads, parks, playgrounds, recreation areas, environmental reserves, parking lots and pathways within the Town of Canmore's boundaries. While wedding photography is not considered commercial, it is a professional service and is subject to a film permit.
- Fees for film permits are waived with wedding venue bookings.
- Details on film permits, including our annual film permit, can be found here.
- If the wedding ceremony you are shooting takes place within a private establishment, such as a golf course, restaurant or at a hotel, this is considered private property. These spaces require a business license, but do not require a film permit. If the clients wish to take photos off the property pre- or post-ceremony, a film permit will be required for those locations.
Town of Canmore business licenses are required for anyone you hire to assist with your wedding, including but not limited to the photographer, wedding planner, caterer, transportation services, etc. You, the renter, are responsible to ensure all those supplying products or services for your event are in possession of a Town issued business license. For example, a temporary Out of Town business license. Alternatively, you, the renter, may choose to obtain a Special Event business license to cover all business activities for the duration of your event/wedding. Marriage Commissioners are exempt from needing a Town of Canmore business license.
- For information on business licenses, and to apply, click here
Cancellations made 90 days prior to the booking date will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be made within 90 days of the booking date.The Town of Canmore, at its sole discretion, may approve a refund of 50% of the booking fee for bookings in which inclement weather prevented a wedding ceremony from taking place outdoors. Examples of inclement weather include significant snowfall, torrential rain, severe flooding or fire). A request for refund must be received in writing within 72 hours of the booked date.
Full refunds will be issued if a park is closed due to wildlife activity.
Once the rental permit has been issued, then full payment is due within 14 days of the booking being issued. In the case of non-payment, the rental will be cancelled.
Amendments to the rental permit: an administrative fee of $75.00 will be charged to the Renter for each amendment made once the Permit has been issued.
Payments can be made by
- Phone: call the Canmore Recreation Centre Customer Experience at 403.678.1878 to make a credit card payment
- Cheque: Mail a cheque made payable to the “Town of Canmore” and address it to Town of Canmore Recreation Centre, 1900 8th Avenue, Canmore, Alberta. T1Y 1W2. Please write the rental permit number on the cheque.
Your group is responsible for the set-up and take-down of any chairs, equipment, or tents.
Chair Rentals: The Town of Canmore does not endorse any specific company however, chairs and other equipment can be rented from:
- Mountain Event Rentals (Banff) (403.762.2272)
Tents: MUST be pre-approved by the Town of Canmore and be no larger than 20’ X 20’ and secured firmly by using sandbags.All garbage and decorations must be removed from premises when the event is over.
Alcohol may only be served/consumed when the Renter has obtained the proper liquor permit and insurance to do so, and must be consumed and served strictly in accordance therewith. This must be approved by the Town of Canmore in advance.
The Town of Canmore does not endorse any specific company; however, the following offer shuttle services in the area:
Quarry Lake Park requires paid parking. Click here to review the information on paid parking. If your wedding group is non-resident, the hourly or daily paid parking rate will apply. There are two 15-minute parking spots for convenient pickup and drop off.
To check availability or to make a booking, please click on the form below: