Canmore offers spectacular mountain scenery for couples looking to have an outdoor wedding ceremony.
Municipal locations include:
- Quarry Lake is located at 101 Spray Lakes Road (Provincial Road 742) and offers outstanding mountain views in a natural setting. The wedding ceremony site is approximately 300 metres from parking area and accessibility to the ceremony site is by an unmaintained sloped pathway. The grassy area is natural and not maintained. There are pit toilet washrooms located nearby. This wedding location can accommodate a wedding up 170 people (Subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings). Please note that bookings for this location are not being accepted in 2021.
- Rundleview Parkette is located at 900 Rundleview Drive. This location is on the east side of Rundleview Drive, approximately 120 meters from the intersection of Spray Lakes Road and Rundleview Drive. The grassed area is not maintained and there are no public washrooms onsite. This wedding location can accommodate up to 50 people (subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings).
- Riverside Park located on the east bank of the Bow River close to downtown Canmore. This park offers beautiful views of the river and of the majestic Three Sisters. This site offers a maintained grassed area and easily accessible from the downtown core. There are onsite washrooms and parking is very limited. This wedding location can accommodate up to 50 people (subject to change based on public health orders for outdoor gatherings).
- The parks are open to the general public.
- Weddings may be booked up to two years in advance.
- For both parks, gates will not be unlocked for wedding ceremonies. Arrangements for guests with mobility issues and onsite set-up and take-down need to be made accordingly.
Other sites along Canmore’s extensive pathway system are suitable for smaller weddings. pdf A wedding location map is available for download by clicking here (630 KB)
Due to the high demand for venues, a permit and fee system is in place for functions. This ensures that no other wedding or special event is booked in the park for the duration of the rental period (three hours including set up and take down). In some cases, two wedding ceremonies may occur on the same day but never at the same time.
|Resident||$250 + GST|
|Non-Resident||$500 + GST|
*Note that all rates are for a 3 hour rental booking
- First and last names of the wedding couple
- Cell phone, home phone and mailing address
- Preferred date(s) and location
- Estimated start and end time (include set-up and take down time)
- Estimated number of people attending
Note: All persons conducting business in Canmore require a Town of Canmore business license. This includes wedding photographers and planners. For more information on business licenses click here
Chair Rentals: The Town of Canmore does not endorse any specific company however, chairs can be rented from:
- CDM Consulting Group 403.609.0245
- Mountain Event Rentals (Banff) 403.762.2272