Canmore offers spectacular mountain scenery for couples looking to have an outdoor wedding ceremony.
Two municipal locations include:
- Quarry Lake Park offers outstanding mountain views in a natural setting. Accessibility to the ceremony site is by a sloped pathway. Parking area is approximately 300 metres from site and pit toilets are nearby.
- Riverside Park is located on the east bank of the Bow River. This park is more manicured and offers beautiful views of the river and of the majestic Three Sisters. This site is close to downtown and has easy accessibility. There is limited parking and no on-site washrooms.
- Riverside Park can accommodate a wedding of up to 50 people.
- Quarry Lake Park can accommodate a wedding of up to 170 people.
- The parks are open to the general public.
- Weddings may be booked up to two years in advance.
- For both parks, gates will not be unlocked for wedding ceremonies. Arrangements for guests with mobility issues and onsite set-up and take-down need to be made accordingly.
Other sites along Canmore’s extensive pathway system are suitable for smaller weddings. To view a map of the area highlighting available parks, click here
Due to the high demand for venues, a permit and fee system is in place for functions. This ensures that no other wedding or special event is booked in the park for the duration of the rental period (three hours including set up and take down). In some cases, two wedding ceremonies may occur on the same day but never at the same time.
|Current Rates||For Dates After July 1, 2019|
|Resident||$250 + GST||$250 + GST|
|Non-Resident||$400 + GST||$500 + GST|
*Note that all rates are for a 3 hour rental booking
- First and last names of the wedding couple
- Cell phone, home phone and mailing address
- Preferred date(s) and location
- Estimated start and end time (include set-up and take down time)
- Estimated number of people attending
Wedding Reception information - pdf please click here (1.50 MB)
Note: All persons conducting business in Canmore require a Town of Canmore business license. This includes wedding photographers and planners. For more information on business licenses click here
Chair Rentals: The Town of Canmore does not endorse any specific company however, chairs can be rented from:
- CDM Consulting Group 403.609.0245
- Special Events Rentals (Banff) 403.762.2227