At the Town of Canmore, we encourage our employees to exemplify:
Passion and energy
We are excited about work, love to learn and are thrilled when we see others succeed.
We are committed to serving our community and enhancing the quality of life of our residents.
We recognize that Canmore is a special place and we need to maintain our economic sustainability, social fabric, and be good environmental stewards so that future generations can enjoy life in Canmore as much as we do.
Working toward shared goals and a community created vision, we value creativity and encourage ambition and achievement.
We are proud to say we work for the Town and offer excellent customer service whenever and wherever we can.
We encourage an active lifestyle. Our facilities are equipped with showers, lockers and bike storage. We even provide a town mountain bike for staff use. Many staff participate in a host of activities during their one hour lunch break.
Our Core Values
WELLNESS : We strive for harmony in our corporate, social and natural environment.
RESPECT : We will treat others as we will expect to be treated.
INTEGRITY : We will be honest, responsible and trustworthy.
SERVICE : We are committed to excellence in meeting community needs.
TEAMWORK : We are cooperative and empowering in achieving our goals.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
We care about our footprint or impact and we show it in the decisions we make. Here are just some of our sustainability initiatives:
- We've made sustainability a consideration in all the work we do everyday. Sustainability is everyones responsiblity
- We are early adopters of The Natural Step
- Our Civic Centre is Silver LEED™ certified
- We’ve incorperated solar panels into several of our buildings and provide an educational component so that the community can learn about solar energy
- We’ve won awards for our sustainability initiatives
- To learn more about other sustainability initiatives – click here