The Mandatory Mask bylaw compels residents, visitors, and businesses to wear a mask or face covering in all public indoor settings (some exceptions apply).Read More
Sign up for our Emergency Management Newsletter
* indicates required
Alberta's State of Public Health Emergency in Canmore
Status: Mandatory Restrictions, Provide-wide
Updated April 6, 2021
Mandatory, provincewide restrictions are in effect to protect the health system and slow the spread of COVID-19. All of the details can be found here.
In Canmore, the new measures include:
- In-person service is not permitted indoors. Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges, and cafes can open for outdoor patio dining, takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery only, as of April 9, 2021.
- All group fitness activities are not permitted.
- The mandatory indoor public masking requirement is extended province-wide.
- Close contacts are limited to household members only.
- Out-of-town visitors cannot stay in other people's homes while these restrictions are in place, regardless of where they are coming from.
- Outdoor group physical activity must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
At this time, Bylaw Services is NOT allowed by the province to enforce public health orders. If you are concerned someone is not following public health orders, you can remind them that not following orders is against the law and puts people at risk, submit a complaint to AHS public health inspectors by calling 1.833.415.9179 or online.
COVID-19 Testing in Canmore
Updated April 6, 2021
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or sore throat, please stay home and take the Alberta Health Services self-assessment.
- COVID-19 tests are available for those who are known to be a close contact of someone who has a confirmed case, or those who are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms. To book a test call 811 or book online.
- You will be sent to the closest testing site, which is currently in Banff or Cochrane.
- If you do not have a means of traveling to Cochrane or Banff, you can visit the Bow Valley Primary Care Network (PCN) website to find out about alternative testing options.
- Click here to see the number of COVID-19 cases in Canmore.