As part of the Town of Canmore Economic Recovery Plan, we have launched the Business 2 Business (B2B) E-Commerce Grant. Managed in partnership with Community Futures Centre West, this initiative helps businesses move online or improve their e-commerce tools.
The B2B E-Commerce Grant provides access to funding to develop or improve a business’ website, digitization of supply chain management, cybersecurity tools, or digital marketing efforts. Eligible businesses can request funding of up to $2,000 to support a greater market reach, increased revenue, and strengthened resiliency. Businesses who have received funding via 2020 Business 2 Business Voucher Program are eligible for a maximum of 50%, up to $1,000.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. The program will be offered until the total funding pot has been spent or Sept. 30, 2021, whichever comes first.
Call for E-Commerce Specialists
Are you a local business that specializes in website development, digital marketing, digitization of supply chain management, or cybersecurity? You may qualify to be listed as a preferred vendor for our Business 2 Business E-Commerce Grant. Click here for information and to apply
• Must hold a valid Town of Canmore Business Licences and be based in Canmore
• Must be a small-scale business (fewer than 100 employees as defined by Industry Canada)
• Must be in operation for a minimum of one-year (i.e. March, 1 2020 at the earliest)
• May be sole proprietors
• Must demonstrate revenue decline year-over-year due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic at a minimum of 20%
• May have been recipients of funding via the 2020 Business 2 Business Voucher Program, and those would be eligible for a maximum of 50% up to $1,000 via the B2B E-Commerce Grant
• E-commerce based businesses without in-person sales or service delivery
• Non-profits, charities, or community groups
Successful applications that meet the minimum eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. Due to a limited budget, not all eligible applicants will receive grant funding. Amount of funds are allocated at the discretion of the Town of Canmore based on available funds, and the scope and nature of the project. Funding decisions made by the Town are final and may not be appealed.
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
• Digital marketing and promotion specific to e-commerce presence
• E-commerce and website development
• Supply chain management, which may involve the digitization or transition to an online platform for inventory tracking, order entry, and management, procurement, distribution and delivery management
• Digital marketing: Up to 25% of the approved funding may be used for digital marketing and promotion specific to e-commerce presence. Digital marketing expenses may include the development and execution of a digital marketing plan which may include but not be limited to the planning and execution of online advertisement campaigns of your business, management of social media accounts, content creation (ex. blog posts, video or photographic content), and online advertisement fees. Please refer to ineligible costs or expenses.
• Professional consulting or service costs by those with valid Town of Canmore business license
• Licence fees for eligible platforms (to a maximum period of 12 consecutive months)
Ineligible costs or expenses include but are not limited to:
• Consultant travel, accommodation, or meals
• Reimbursement for products or services purchased prior to acceptance into the program
• Fees may not solely be used for content creation (i.e the creation of content such as social media posts, blog posts, video, or photographic content)
• Marketing fees associated with VRBO, Expedia and other similar companies.
Approved services rendered and funding spent by December 31, 2021. Any unused portion of awarded funds to be returned in full to Town of Canmore.
• B2B E-Commerce Grant Selection Committee will review applications and make a decision based on the information presented with the application. A member of the Selection Committee may request a brief interview to discuss the application.
• Approved funds must be used prior to Dec. 31, 2020.
• Grant recipients must complete a Final Achievement Report after services have been rendered or by Jan. 31, 2022, whichever comes first. The report must include any and all receipts and/or invoices for eligible expenses and costs as per the financial statement.
There is no application deadline. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis, and the program will be offered until the total funding pot has been spent or September 30, 2021, whichever comes first.
Successful applications that meet the minimum eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
Due to limited budget, not all eligible applicants will receive grant funding. Amount of funds are allocated at the discretion of the Town of Canmore based on available funds, and the scope and nature of the project. Funding decisions made by the Town are final and may not be appealed
Businesses must apply online. Please prepare information to support the criteria below before you start the online application:
• Contact information
• Description of business and clientele
• Number of employees
• Business Description
• Corporate Structure: e.g. sole proprietor, franchise, corporation etc.
• Profit and Loss Statement demonstrating a minimum of 20% decreased in revenue year-over-year since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared in Canada (ie. Since March 11, 2020). Bank statements are not accepted.
Supporting documentation required
• Description of project and use of funds
• Description of how this funding would support your business and how you would determine if the project was successful
• Businesses who have received funding via the 2020 Business 2 Business Voucher Program are eligible for a maximum of 50%, up to $1,000.• This program will be managed by the Town of Canmore, in partnership with Community Futures Centre West.
• While this program will help build resiliency in our business community, it is NOT a financial bailout program.
· • Get a quote for the desired area of focus via the preferred local vendors list.
• Sign a funding agreement with the Town of Canmore to be officially approved for grant funding.
Funding applications will be assessed to the maximum dollar value and businesses will be responsible for any additional costs outside of that approved amount.
Upon completion of the funding agreement, the business will submit a final achievement report to the Economic Development which includes:
• Financial accounting spreadsheet
• What was achieved and how it impacted your business
• Receipts and invoices for eligible costs and expenses
• Photographs, screen-captures, and other supporting material to demonstrate the final product is encouraged but optional
This report is due after the project is complete or services rendered, or by Jan. 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
There is no application deadline. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis, and the program will be offered until the total funding pot has been spent or Sept. 30, 2021, whichever comes first.
A preferred vendors list will be supplied to applicants who are conditionally approved for the grant program, and if sourcing outside of this list, justification will be requested. We strongly recommend that recipients of this program use Canmore-based professional services to support our local economy, but we understand that not all required services are available locally.