Canmore is a jewel of the Rockies that normally welcomes visitors from around the world.
The Province of Alberta implemented mandatory measures to bend the curve of COVID-19. Please click here to read more about the measures that currently apply to the Town of Canmore.
Planning a trip to Canmore?
We all need to do our part to keep Canmore safe:
- Give others space and respect all provincial health measures
- Keep Canmore clean and do not leave masks or gloves on the ground
- Practice patience and kindness when visiting local businesses that are managing capacity restrictions and health measures.
- For safe trip planning ideas, visit our partners at Tourism Canmore Kananaskis.
COVID-19 in Canmore
The Province of Alberta has implemented mandatory, provincewide restrictions are in effect to protect the health system and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- The Mandatory Mask Bylaw (2020-20) compels all persons to wear a mask or face covering in all public indoor settings and in outdoor line-ups (some exceptions apply).
- Click here for more information about the bylaw.
Yes! Please remember that physical distancing guidelines still apply. As always, come prepared to adventure safely:
- Leave a trip plan with a friend or family member
- Remember that no indoor gatherings are permitted, but outdoor fitness is still permitted
- Travel with a friend or your household
- Make noise to alert wildlife of your presence
- Protect the mountains we love - pack out what you pack in.
- Please remember that Canmore's Mandatory Mask Bylaw is currently in place if you stop in Town during your visit.
Yes, existing wedding bookings can still be hosted in Canmore, and the Town of Canmore is now permitting new wedding bookings on town-land. All bookings must follow the Government of Alberta’s restrictions on gatherings. For more information about weddings and bookings, please click here.
Please note that all wedding photographers are still required to obtain a business license, and can find more information about temporary licenses here.