Canmore is a jewel of the Rockies that normally welcomes visitors from around the world.
Planning a trip to Canmore?
If you travel:
- Take all necessary precautions to protect your health and the health of others
- Download and use the mobile contact tracing app while out in public
We all need to do our part to keep Canmore safe:
- Give others space and respect all provincial health measures
- Keep Canmore clean and do not leave masks or gloves on the ground
- Practice patience and kindness when visiting local businesses that are requesting mask use and managing health measures.
- Visit our partners at Tourism Canmore Kananaskis for trip planning ideas during COVID-19.
Check if a business you are planning to visit is open and if you need to pre-book.
Come with a backup plan in case it is busy where you want to go.
The visitor information staff at Tourism Canmore Kananaskis is happy to help. Give them a call at (403) 678 – 5277
COVID-19 in Canmore
The Province of Alberta has implemented mandatory, provincewide restrictions are in effect to protect the health of Albertans.
Cars will no longer be able to travel down Main Street from 6 Avenue to 8 Avenue as of Wednesday, May 5 (weather dependent) until October 15. Pedestrians will continue to have the right-of-way on both our multi-use pathways and in this downtown zone.
Always come prepared to adventure safely:
- Leave a trip plan with a friend or family member
- Travel with a friend or your household
- Make noise to alert wildlife of your presence
- Protect the mountains we love - pack out what you pack in.
Please note that all wedding photographers are still required to obtain a business license, and can find more information about temporary licenses here.