Canmore is a jewel of the Rockies that normally welcomes visitors from around the world.
As of Dec. 8, 2020, the Province of Alberta implemented stricter mandatory measures to bend the curve of COVID-19. All non-essential out-of-town travel is discouraged at this time. Please click here to read more about the measures that currently apply to the Town of Canmore.
Please note that Elevation Place and Canmore Recreational Centre facilities are closed until at least Jan. 21, 2021.
We all need to do our part to keep our communities safe:
- Canmore now has a Mandatory Mask Bylaw in place that applies to all indoor public spaces and outdoor line-ups.
- Do not gather in indoor or outdoor settings.
- Give others space - practice physical distance.
- Out of town travel is currently discouraged by the Province of Alberta.
- The Mandatory Mask Bylaw (2020-20) compels all persons to wear a mask or face covering in all public indoor settings and in outdoor line-ups (some exceptions apply).
- Click here for more information about the new bylaw.
Yes! Please remember that physical distancing guidelines still apply. As always, come prepared to adventure safely:
- Leave a trip plan with a friend or family member
- Remember that no indoor or outdoor gatherings are permitted, but outdoor fitness is still permitted
- Travel with a friend or your household
- Make noise to alert wildlife of your presence
- Protect the mountains we love - pack out what you pack in.
- Please remember that Canmore's Mandatory Mask Bylaw is currently in place if you stop in Town during your visit.
Yes, existing wedding bookings can still be hosted in Canmore, and the Town of Canmore is now permitting new wedding bookings on town-land. All bookings must follow the Government of Alberta’s restrictions on gatherings. For more information about weddings and bookings, please click here.
Please note that all wedding photographers are still required to obtain a business license, and can find more information about temporary licenses here.