We have created a pedestrian and cycling-only Main Street (between 6 Ave - 8 Ave) to be safe and inviting for residents, employees, store owners, and visitors while allowing businesses to recover successfully.
Need to Know
- Main Street is a shared pedestrian and cyclist zone. Cyclists are allowed to ride on the street and should walk their bikes on the sidewalk.
- Practice physical distancing, and give others space.
Need to Know - for Main Street businesses and event planners
- We have developed a set of guidelines to support safe and successful use of signage and street space in areas of the Town Centre closed to traffic.
- This temporary change offers more latitude to businesses around signage and street use than would otherwise be permissible.
- Regular restrictions will be enforced again once conditions on Main Street return to regular operations.
- We have waived patio permit fees for the 2020 season. Any affected business who paid their permit fee will be reimbursed as part of the Economic Recovery Plan.