Watch this page for the most up-to-date fire ban and advisory information for Canmore. We post fire bans and fire advisories here when they are in effect.
- Never leave a flame unattended.
- Completely extinguish campfires with water. Soak it, stir it, and soak it until it is cool to the touch.
- Do not throw cigarettes on the ground. Put them out and discard in a bin.
- Off-Highway Vehicles can start wildfires - check frequently to ensure hotspots are free of debris and make sure mufflers and spark arrestors are working properly.
- If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
For more information:
- Review our Fire Pit Safety page
- Click here for information on fire bans in Alberta
- For air quality information and advisories, visit https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=ab or http://airquality.alberta.ca/map
- The Town of Canmore closely monitors all wildfire situations and has a comprehensive emergency plan in place. More information about emergency preparedness here.