August 10, 2018 A Fire Ban has been issued for the Town of Canmore.
A fire ban is in place in Canmore - all existing fire permits are suspended and no new fire permits will be issued until further notice.
- All fires whether in a residential area or campground
- Charcoal briquettes or BBQs, turkey fryers and tiki torches
- Fireworks and exploding targets
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
Town of Canmore Fire Bylaw Section 6.2 states that a fire ban shall be in effect from the time it is issued until such a time as the fire chief gives notice to the public that it has been lifted. If you fail to comply with the fire ban, you could be subject to a $2,000 fine. To report a violation of the fire ban, please call Bylaw Services during the day at 403.678.4244 or the RCMP non-emergency line after 6 p.m. at 403.678.5516. In case of emergency call 911.
For information on fire bans in Alberta, please visit www.AlbertaFireBans.ca
For air quality advisories, visit https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=ab or www.albertahealthservices.ca/news/Page1926.aspx