A Fire Ban is in Effect for the Town of Canmore due to high fire danger. All existing fire permits are suspended or cancelled. The Fire Ban will remain in effect until conditions improve.
- wood campfires on public land, private land, and in provincial campgrounds
- backyard fire pits
- charcoal briquettes
- fireworks and exploding targets
- propane/ natural gas powered appliances
- indoor wood fires
If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE
Click here for more information about fire bans
Help Prevent Wildfires
· Never leave a fire unattended.
· Completely extinguish campfires with water. Soak it, stir it, and soak it until it is cool to the touch.
· Do not throw cigarettes on the ground. Put them out and discard in a bin.
· Off-Highway Vehicles can start wildfires - check frequently to ensure hotspots are free of debris and make sure mufflers and spark arrestors are working properly.