Make the right call
Wildlife complaints should be directed to Fish & Wildlife Dispatch at 1.800.642.3800
Call this number only when urgent police, fire, or ambulance service is needed (24 hours).
We urge you to call 911 when:
- You believe someone is in imminent danger
- You believe a specific crime is happening
- You believe something is suspicious
RCMP Online Reporting
The Alberta RCMP has an Online Reporting website to assist citizens in reporting crimes rather than having to attend an RCMP detachment for lost or stolen items valued at less than $5,000, or vandalism to property or vehicles that will cost less than $5,000 to repair. In order to report these incidents, there can be no known witness or suspects, the lost/stolen items can not include personal identification, firearms, license plates, or decals and these incidents must have occurred in the Alberta RCMP jurisdiction.
RCMP Complaint Line 403.678.5516
Call this number 24 hours a day to report new or recent crime, if you do not meet the criteria for using the Online Reporting website.
- Break-ins or thefts where the suspect is gone
- Suspicious vehicle, person or activity
- Non-urgent cases where immediate police attendance is not crucial
- Driving complaints
(For non-urgent situations, call the RCMP Administration Line during regular office hours listed below).
RCMP Administration Line at 403.678.5519
Call between 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday for:
- Information requests, investigation inquiries, general inquiries
Attend the RCMP Detachment in-person to:
Report a crime that happened some time ago.
If you do not meet the criteria for using the Online Reporting website, you can report a motor vehicle collision where:
- Damage to involved vehicles is over $2000 combined, or
- A driver or passenger sustained an injury related to the collision, or
- The collision was a hit and run
To report vehicle collision, ensure you have your driver’s licence, the vehicle insurance, and registration.
Bylaw Enforcement at 403.678.4244
Call this number between 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. for:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Pet and domestic animal control
- Lost and found items
- Construction noise
- Parking complaints
- Noise complaints
Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 (TIPS)
Call Crime Stoppers or use their online reporting software if you want a confidential means to report anonymously. Crime Stoppers is an independent not-for-profit organization that works with law enforcement agencies.