A new Memorial Plaque Program will replace the Memorial Bench Program which was paused in 2015. The Memorial Plaque Program will begin in 2021, below are the details of the new program.
- The applicant will purchase a plaque that will be installed onto an existing or new Town owned bench or picnic table. It will be clear there is no ownership of the bench or table as well as the plaque itself.
- The term will be for ten years and the opportunity to increase to twenty years for a plaque on a bench or picnic table.
- Limited to two plaques per bench or picnic table, intended for a family, if more plaques are requested, a new application must be submitted.
- The costs are as follows:
- Bench (10-year term): $3,050
- Bench (20-year term): $5,500
- Picnic Table (10-year term): $3,650
- Picnic Table (20-year term): $6,750
- Additional Plaque $490
- Applicant will choose a location and asset type based on what is available at that time.
Applications will open October 1, 2021 and remain open until the end of February, 2022. A total of 15 applications will be accepted each year (for the next three years) on a first come first served basis.
The application process and form will be updated closer to the application date of October 1, 2021.