A new Memorial Plaque Program has started, replacing the Memorial Bench Program which was paused in 2015. The details of the program are below.
- The applicant will purchase a plaque that will be installed onto an existing or new Town owned bench or picnic table. It will be clear there is no ownership of the bench or table as well as the plaque itself.
- The term will be for ten years and the opportunity to increase to twenty years for a plaque on a bench or picnic table.
- Limited to two plaques per bench or picnic table, intended for a family, if more plaques are requested, a new application must be submitted.
- The costs are as follows:
- Bench (10-year term): $3,050
- Bench (20-year term): $5,500
- Picnic Table (10-year term): $3,650
- Picnic Table (20-year term): $6,750
- Additional Plaque $500
- Applicant will choose a location and asset type based on what is available at that time.
Applications Are Now Closed
The 15 applications for the 2021/2022 Memorial Plaque Program have been received. The next round of applications will open on October 1, 2022. A total of 15 applications will be accepted each year (for the next two years) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please refer to the map below to see locations and photos of benches and picnic tables. You can move the map and click on a picnic table or bench to bring up photos and the unique number of the picnic table or bench, or click on the layer icon() to toggle between available/non-available Picnic Tables and Benches. The arrows along the top of the map () will allow you to browse the locations sequentially.