Town of Canmore

Making Changes to your Utility Account

Electronic Billing Enrollment  

We have recently launched electronic billing for the utility program!  If you would like to receive your utility bills by email, visit  to enroll.


Purchasing or Selling Property

Purchasing: The Town of Canmore updates their records for both the utility and property tax accounts based on the information sent from Alberta Land Titles twice per month. Your name(s) will be automatically added to the utility billing account for the property at the time that we update the tax roll account. Utility bills will be sent to the owner's mailing address as recorded on the Title for the property. If your mailing address should be different than as registered please contact us in writing or click here to download a fillable Change of Mailing Address form.

Selling: If you are currently enrolled in the Pre-authorized Utility Payment Plan (PUPP) for the property that you are selling, you (or your lawyer) must notify the Town of Canmore Utility Department in writing in order to terminate the plan. The PUPP is not transferrable. If you are moving to another property within Canmore you must re-apply for the PUPP for your new property.


Things to Remember When Cancelling Utility Services

Cancel Pre-authorized Payment Plan
If you were participating in the Pre-authorized Utility Payment Plan (PUPP) and have sold the property you need to inform us, in writing, of your desire to cancel this program. 

Cancellations must be received at least 4 working days prior to the due date.

pdf Click here (201 KB)  to download a fillable PUPP Cancellation Request.

Cancel automatic or memorized payments made by ATM, On-line or Telephone banking:
If you pay by these methods make sure to delete the old utility account number from your banking setup. If you have purchased new property in Canmore, the utility account number will change according to each property address.

If you have sold your property, it is required that you or your lawyer request a final utility bill to the date-of-sale. Contact EPCOR Water Services at 403-609-4781 or return the fillable Request for Final Utility Bill to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or fax 403-609-4790 ( pdf click here (176 KB) for the Request for Final Utility Bill form).

Your utility account will be closed after the final billing is paid in full.


Change of Mailing Address
If you still own your property in Canmore but have changed your mailing address please notify us in writing of your new address. pdf Click here (222 KB) to download a fillable Change of Property Owner's Mailing Address form (under 'Property Tax' heading).

If mail sent by the Town of Canmore Tax or Utilities Departments is returned by the post office as "undeliverable", we will make a reasonable effort to locate the owner(s). If our efforts are unsuccessful the returned mail items will be stored in the tax roll file and a notation will be made in our database.

It is the owners' responsibility to keep their contact information with the Town of Canmore current.

Powered by CityFind Site Search