Each spring, crews sweep sand and dirt left on the streets from the winter season. Street sweeping usually begins in mid-April, depending on snow melt.
Street Sweeping Zones
There are nine separate zones for street sweeping in Canmore, as indicated on the map below (click map to enlarge). Crews start and end in different zones each year, this is decided by weather and street conditions.
How you can help
- Watch for street sweeping and no-parking signage in your neighbourhood
- Move any parked cars
- Sweep your sidewalk and driveway in advance
- Remove rubber driveway mats and any other on-street obstructions (basketball nets, waste collection carts, etc.)
- If street sweeping occurs on your waste collection day, please place your roll-out cart at the end of your driveway and not on the road or sidewalk
- Do not park on the street until the signs at the neighbourhood entrances have been removed