The intent of the EXPLORE 2026 engagement activities is to foster productive community dialogue in order to provide the Town’s decision makers with insights into the priorities of Canmore’s residents and stakeholders. This page contains information on how to get involved at each step of the process along the way.
GET INVOLVED // EXPLORE 2026 ACTIVITIES
Council’s Explore 2026 commitment statement: Our promise to the public is that if Canmore participates in a 2026 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (OPWG) bid, that the decision will be evaluated on principles our community helps develop.
Here is an overview of upcoming activities:
Phase 1 (February) - Now Closed
Phase 2 (March - April)
- Reflect community findings into draft principles
- Work with the community to refine the draft principles to help guide Canmore’s decision-makers
- Survey: EXPLORE 2026 Draft Community Principles: March 22 to April 10
- Open House: April 9
- Information boards throughout the community showing the draft principles from phase 1
- Stakeholder Workshops: April 4 & 11*
Phase 3 (TBD May - June)
- Canmore Council uses the EXPLORE 2026 Principles in their decision-making towards whether Canmore participates in a potential 2026 OPWG bid
- Report back to the community with the decision