|Click here to take the survey (until Feb 23, 2018)|
Canmore has an opportunity to be a partner in an Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games bid for 2026. We need to better understand both the costs and the possible benefits, as well as identify how the Games could be a catalyst for advancing our community’s priorities. What are the principles that would guide Canmore's decision-makers as they consider participating in a potential bid?
The intent of the engagement activities will be to foster productive community dialogue in order to provide the Town’s decision makers with insights into the priorities of Canmore’s residents and stakeholders. Updates will occur to this site throughout the engagement process, so please check back.
EXPLORE 2026 Activities
Council’s Explore 2026 commitment statement: Our promise to the public is that if Canmore participates in a 2026 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (OPWG) bid, that the decision will be evaluated on principles our community helps develop.
Here is an overview of upcoming activities:
Phase 1 (February)
- Survey - EXPLORE 2026 Community Insights Survey Part I. Click here to take the survey (until Feb 23, 2018)
- Open House - Feb. 13, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Coast Hotel
Phase 2 (March - April)
- Reflect community findings into draft principles
- Work with the community to refine the draft principles to help guide Canmore’s decision-makers
- Stay tuned for more information on how you can get involved in this stage
Phase 3 (TBD May - June)
- Canmore Council uses the EXPLORE 2026 Principles in their decision-making towards whether Canmore participates in a potential 2026 OPWG bid
- Report back to the community with the decision