Construction of the new CCHC housing development is underway. If you are looking for more information on the housing project including details on the units visit Canmore Community Housing Corporation's website here.
The Town is replacing the hockey rink that is currently on the site. The current rink is past it's end of life and does not work in it's current location with the new housing under construction. As part of this project a vault washroom will also be installed.
Construction Schedule - Updated Dec. 21
- Construction on the rink is complete.
- New washrooms are complete.
- Ice building will start as soon as the weather allows.
- Installation of rink lighting will continue into mid to late January.
Scope of Project
- Replace hockey rink with a similar sized rink
- Player box
- Installation of a vault washroom
- Pathway network (budget dependent)
- Off street parking (budget dependent)
- Turf/kid rink
What's Not in Scope
- Additional rink amenities (that are not mentioned above)
- Enhanced landscaping
- Perimeter fencing
Approved Final Design