Construction of the new CCHC housing development is underway. If you are looking for more information on the housing project including details on the units visit Canmore Community Housing Corporation's website here.
The Town is replacing the hockey rink that is currently on the site. The current rink is past it's end of life and does not work in it's current location with the new housing under construction. As part of this project a vault washroom will also be installed.
Construction Schedule - Updated Nov. 14
- The concrete surface is complete.
- New washrooms are complete.
- The delivery of rink boards has been delayed. Construction is expected to last until the third week of December.
- Ice will be built upon completion of construction.
- Lighting has been delayed, timeline will be updated here once known.
- The pathway network and expanded off street parking will not be included at this time.
Scope of Project
- Replace hockey rink with a similar sized rink
- Player box
- Installation of a vault washroom
- Pathway network (budget dependent)
- Off street parking (budget dependent)
- Turf/kid rink
What's Not in Scope
- Additional rink amenities (that are not mentioned above)
- Enhanced landscaping
- Perimeter fencing
Approved Final Design