Construction of the new CCHC housing development on the Old Daycare Lands site is underway. If you are looking for more information on the housing project including details on the units visit Canmore Community Housing Corporation's website here.
The Town is now looking at replacing the hockey rink that is currently on the site. The current rink is past it's end of life and does not work in it's current location with the new housing under construction. As part of this project a vault washroom will also be installed. If budget permits a pathway network will also be installed.
Scope of Project
- Replace hockey rink with a similar sized rink
- Player box
- Installation of a vault washroom
- Pathway network (budget dependent)
- Off street parking (budget dependent)
- Turf/kid rink
What's Not in Scope
- Additional rink amenities (that are not mentioned above)
- Enhanced landscaping
- Perimeter fencing
We are seeking to understand the public’s concerns around the placement of the new rink, vault washroom and pathway network so that we can ensure they are considered and addressed in the final design.
Initial Design Phase
We are looking for your feedback on the initial design below. There are two ways for you to provide us with your feedback:
- Online survey -to take the online survey click here
- Open House - We invite all members of the public to stop by anytime during the open house to provide your feedback.
- Wednesday February 28
- 5 - 7 p.m.
- Civic Centre, Council Chambers
Design rationale - download Design pdf PDF here (5.49 MB)
- Preserve existing trees
- Maintain a large setback from the residential homes to the east
- Be within 10 m of the flood hydrant to maintain strong water pressure
Vault Washroom Placement:
- Easy access to and from the rink
- High visibility to reduce the potential for vandalism
- Large vehicle pump truck servicing
- Provide access to Bow River pathway
- Provide access to pathway connections through housing development to 11 Ave.
- Parking for 7 vehicles
- Uses existing vehicle access point
- Preserves existing trees
- Allows for zamboni access to the rink
Final Design Phase
The summary of feedback and final design will be available the week of March 20.