Construction Impacts - Updated June 21, 2021
- The expansion of the parking lot is now complete.
- Infrastructure for paid parking including signage and pay terminals has been installed.
- The remaining items for the project are out for tender. Once a construction schedule is ready, we will provide more information.
The Quarry Lake Park Enhancement Project will focus on five main components:
- Two new vault washrooms (4 stalls each and wheelchair accessible), one adjacent to the existing parking area and one installed in the south beach area.
- A formal access road to access and service the newly installed vault washrooms (crushed gravel trail mix), which would run along the east side of the popular wedding hill.
- Parking lot improvements to formalize efficient traffic flow and parking patterns, as well as to allow for future implementation of paid parking - complete.
- A formalized jumping platform to be installed along the western side of the lake; providing a safe platform to enter and exit the lake and mitigate on-going erosion concerns due to the existing unofficial jumping area; and,
- An additional concrete pad installed in the south beach area for a large waste container(s).
- Council approved the updated Quarry Lake concept designs for planning purposes on May 5, 2020. To view a copy of the updated concept designs pdf click here (22.00 MB)
- The project is currently not funded. The Rocky Mountain Heritage Foundation who co-owns the park will be undertaking a fundraising campaign for this project.
- Feedback on the proposed concept designs was collected from Sept. 30 - Oct. 18, 2019. A summary of what was heard can be downloaded pdf here (917 KB)
- 2014 Survey - see below for 2014 Quarry Lake survey results.
Note: Many of the questions were open-ended and the summary data is being provided in a word cloud. The word cloud summarizes the words mentioned most in each question and does not fully summarize all answers coming from each question.
|pdf Quarry Lake Survey - Q5 data (66 KB)|
2016 Quarry Lake Concept Plan Report
In 2016 a concept plan was developed identifying 11 areas for potential enhancements. These enhancements range from signage, improved trails, additional amenities including beach areas and picnic tables to paving of the parking area. To view the full report pdf click here (16.38 MB) . There are no plans to move forward with the full range of concepts presented in this document. The Town is looking to develop concept designs that address key locations including: the parking lot, north and south beaches, the hill where weddings regularly occur and a few key trail linkages.