Recent feedback from Teepee Town residents suggests that changes are required to the ARP, including:
- allowing for more affordable housing opportunities
- amending some of the development regulations such as landscaping, roof style, neighbourhood character, and density requirements
The Town of Canmore is reviewing the Teepee Town ARP. In consultation with residents in 2005, this plan was created to guide future development within Teepee Town. Changes to the Teepee Town ARP will focus on two areas. First, on the general regulations that govern development throughout Teepee Town, and second, evaluating opportunities for affordable housing in the neighbourhood.
In October of 2017, residents provided feedback on proposed changes through an online survey and an open house which provided residents and the community with more detail regarding the potential changes.
The Teepee Town Task Force is reviewing the feedback.
How to Get Involved
1. Attend a council meeting in January 2018 to hear about the proposed changes in the first reading of the bylaw.
2. Attend a public hearing in January 2018 at the Canmore Civic Centre.
You can submit written comments or you can make a verbal presentation at the public hearing. Advance bookings are not required. Verbal presentations at the hearing are limited to five minutes.
3. Attend a council meeting in January or February 2018 where the bylaw may receive second and third reading.
When the draft bylaw is ready, you can view a copy of it here.