Elk Run Boulevard & Glacier Drive Rehabilitation
Elk Run Boulevard and Glacier Drive were initially constructed in the 1980's and 1990's, with only minor lifecycle maintenance completed since. The corridor requires replacement of some deep utilities as well as surface lifecycle pavement rehabilitation work.
When undertaking work like this there is also an opportunity to also improve safety and accessibility throughout the corridor by bringing these roadways into alignment with the Integrated Transportation Plan.
Current work includes:
- gathering feedback from the public on use and experiences in the area,
- developing a concept design,
- developing a preliminary cost estimate,
- Concept design and cost estimate will be brought forward as part of the budget process in the fall of 2022 for consideration as a capital project in future years.
- Future public feedback will be needed on the concept design, once the project is closer to starting construction.
To read a report on what we heard during phase one click here. The timeline for the project has been delayed, as a result the second phase of feedback will take place in late 2023 or early 2024.
If you have a question, please fill out the Contact Engineering Form and a member of the Engineering team will respond to you.