Jan. 22, 2019 - Learn more and provide feedback at the open house from 5 - 8 p.m. at the Holiday Inn
Jan. 23 - Feb. 1, 2019 - Provide your feedback on this page below.
Palliser Trail is identified as an important link in the town’s network of walking and cycling infrastructure. It is also seeing increased development, and the Town has prioritized making improvements to the transportation infrastructure along this corridor, to connect it with the Town Centre and other community amenities.
- The current configuration of Palliser Trail contains more space than is needed to maintain a high level of service for automobile travel.
- There is an opportunity to redesign Palliser Trail to better accommodate all modes of travel including people walking, cycling, taking transit, and driving.
- Spaces where people walk and cycle will be physically separated from vehicle traffic by concrete medians and green spaces.
- Pedestrian crossings will have median refuges added, allowing people to cross the road one direction of traffic at a time.
- Intersections will be redesigned to better accommodate all modes of travel.
- Left and right turn lanes will be kept where required to accommodate vehicular turn movements.
The concept design will be posted the week of January 21, 2019.
We will be looking for your feedback on the proposed concept design. There are two ways to give your feedback:
- Attend the open house:
- January 22, 2019, Holiday Inn on Palliser Trail, 5 - 8 p.m.
- Provide your feedback online: online feedback will be available here January 23 - February 1.
- This work will be done over the summer/fall of 2019, exact timelines will be determined once design is complete.