The diagram below shows planned transportation improvement projects in the Bow Valley Trail & Teepee Town areas. We will be looking for feedback on the area marked "future work" in January & February 2023.
Phase 2A (2023 Project) - Bow Valley Trail West
The scope of work for 2023 includes:
- Replacement of underground utilities, including sanitary and water lines.
- Drainage improvements.
- Construction of separated cycle and pedestrian pathways from Williams Street to Hospital Place
Phase 2B (2024 Project) - 2 Avenue
The scope of work for 2024 includes:
- Replacement/rehabilitation of underground utilities, including sanitary and water lines.
- Surface improvements (street and sidewalk) on 2 Ave from the end of Phase 2A to 17 Street.
- Cycle pathway adjacent to Bow Valley Trail from the Spice Hut Crossing to 17 Street.
- Raised intersections at 13 St/2 Ave and 15 St/2 Ave.
- Improvements to drainage adjacent to Bow Valley Trail.
We will be looking for your feedback on proposed design concepts for future work areas.
We are looking to understand how the concept designs for future work areas will impact travel experiences. This phase of engagement will take place from January 23 - February 10, 2023. This phase of engagement will include:
Online engagement - To visit the engagement webpage and provide your feedback on the "Future Work" areas, click here. Open until noon on February 10, 2023.
Open House - January 25, 2023, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the Canmore Recreation Centre