Transportation Improvement Program 2020 (TIP20) is a grouping of several approved projects for efficiency in design, procurement, and construction. These projects generally overlap in physical location, and all tie into the Bow Valley Trail / Benchlands Trail / Railway Ave intersection. Design work is underway, with the majority of construction scheduled for 2020 and substantial completion planned for July 2021.
Construction Impacts - Updated September 29, 2020
Work is progressing on schedule. The majority of work including paving and asphalt for most areas should be completed this fall (weather permitting). Landscaping and some small areas of pathway will be completed next spring. All local businesses in the area are open unless otherwise noted due to COVID-19.
- The final layer of paving at the A&W/Shops of Canmore intersection is scheduled to take place October 8 - 10. Expect major delays and avoid the area if possible.
- Temporary traffic lights will be installed at the A&W/Shops of Canmore intersection in the next two weeks. The temporary lights will be in place for 2-3 weeks, while the existing lights are upgraded.
- Pathway work on Bow Valley Trail continues. Traffic will be maintained in both directions, expect delays.
- Surface work on Palliser Trail continues. Traffic will be maintained in both directions, expect delays.
- Surface work on the Benchlands Trail highway overpass will start soon.
To view the designs in detail, click full screen arrows in bottom right corner.