Transportation Improvement Program 2020 (TIP20) is a grouping of several approved projects for efficiency in design, procurement, and construction. These projects generally overlap in physical location, and all tie into the Bow Valley Trail / Benchlands Trail / Railway Ave intersection.
Construction Impacts - Updated June 30, 2021
All local businesses in the area are open unless otherwise noted due to COVID-19.
- The new lights are operational, below are some items still being worked on:
- Crews are monitoring phasing to make adjustments as needed, including adjustments to the traffic detection cameras.
- In-ground sensors in cycling lanes will be installed to activate the separated cycle phasing of the lights.
- The stop lines have been moved back at the main intersection.
- All pathways and roads will be open on July 1.
- Traffic light phasing at both intersections on the Benchlands Trail overpass will be ongoing for the next two weeks.
- The remainder of line painting will take place over the next week.
- Final landscaping work will continue into next week.
To view the designs in detail, click full screen arrows in bottom right corner.
Transportation Town Hall - October 29, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions