Transportation Improvement Program 2020 (TIP20) is a grouping of several approved projects for efficiency in design, procurement, and construction. These projects generally overlap in physical location, and all tie into the Bow Valley Trail / Benchlands Trail / Railway Ave intersection. Design work is underway, with the majority of construction scheduled for 2020 and substantial completion planned for July 2021.
Construction Impacts - Updated April 3, 2020
At this time we are still moving ahead with capital projects, this project involves upgrades to critical deep utility infrastructure, which are needed in the future. We are following the direction of the provincial health authority and working with contractors to adjust their health & safety plan accordingly. Things are changing on a daily basis and we will adjust our projects as needed.
- Deep utility construction at the intersection of Railway/Benchlands Trail has started
- Railway Avenue will see reduced travel lanes of traffic while this work is underway
- Temporary piping ramps (raised gravel road surface) will be set up on Railway Avenue, Bow Valley Trail, Old Canmore Road, and Spring Creek Gate
- A full closure of Railway Avenue will be needed for up to five days to complete deep utility work. Traffic will be diverted down Bow Valley Trail to the Boston Pizza intersection while this work is underway. More info on timing will be available shortly
- A dewatering pond is being constructed at 400 Bow Valley Trail near Spring Creek Gate as part of this project
- Cycling and pedestrian access will be maintained
To view the designs in detail, click full screen arrows in bottom right corner.
Construction for this project will start in early 2020, with substantial completion prior to July 1, 2021. The majority of the work will be done over the 2020 construction season. More detailed timelines and impacts will be available as we get closer to the launch of the project.