Canmore's Mandatory Mask Bylaw at Elevation Place
Canmore's Mandatory Mask Bylaw (2020-20) is now in effect. Here is what it means for your visit:
- Patrons using the Aquatics Centre are required to wear a mask when entering, exiting, and moving around Elevation Place. Because wet masks present a health risk, patrons are asked to remove their masks and to leave them in a locker only once they are ready to get wet (before showering and entering the pool).
- Patrons must wear a mask or face covering in all public indoor settings except when engaged in physical activity. Patrons are asked to wear a mask when moving in between workout rooms while stretching or during long breaks. Patrons may still choose to wear masks during exercise and short breaks.
- Supervising adults, belayers, Patrons waiting for their turn in a belay team or on Automatic Belay System, Patrons on rest breaks, and Patrons on orientations or belay tests must wear masks at the Climbing Gym. Patrons may still choose to wear masks while climbing on ropes, Automatic Belay Systems, or while bouldering or taking brief rests between boulder routes
For more information about this bylaw and its exceptions, please click here.
Aquafit core classes are back! Click here to book your class.
Before you visit, click to read our pdf Aquatics Centre COVID Protocols (344 KB)
For Kids of All Ages
- This really is the ultimate indoor, aquatic playground. Whether you’re in the mood for lounging along our lazy river, slipping down our water slide, or raising your heart rate in our competition-length lap pool, you will be elevated by the experience in our Aquatics Centre. We have designed this space to meet a maximum family-fun factor. A perfect place to relax after a hard workout in the climbing gym or weight room.
*not all amenities are available during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 25 metre pool with eight lanes
- A leisure pool that simulates a beach edge, moving to 1.5 metres deep
- A lazy river, water slide and a children’s play area
- A steam room as well as a 25-person hot tub
- Modern locker rooms with showers
- On-deck multipurpose room
Need to Know
- Children 8 and under require direct supervision of a caregiver
- Caregivers must be 16 years or older
- One caregiver is required for every 4 children ages 8 and under
- Children 9 years of age and older may come to Lane Swim and Public Swim on their own
- All children attending Family Swim require direct supervision of a caregiver
- Children need to be 42” tall to ride on the water slide
- Infant swimwear requirements include both an absorbent swim diaper and an elastic plastic pant. For your convenience, both are available for purchase at the Customer Experience desk.
- The minimum height for the water slide is 42"
- Babies and toddlers should have their diapers checked a minimum of every half hour when they are in the pool
- Potty trained toddlers and preschoolers should be taken to the washroom every hour when they are in the pool
Click here to read about how we are managing the risks of COVID-19 transmission in the Climbing Gym
Forget You're Indoors
Our climbing gym is like no other. Designed by the world-renowned climbing company Walltopia, our interior will make you forget you’re indoors due to the natural light and open spaces. Our training area has been designed so you can make the most of your climbing experience. Whether you are a beginner or training for international competition, you will love our wall!
If you have never climbed before, our staff will show you where and how to start your vertical adventures – It's great family fun for ages 4 years and older! Climbers under 13 years old require adult supervision at all times in the climbing wall. First time at the wall? You must complete a waiver at the Climbing Desk:
- Climbers 18 years and older require photo ID to sign the waiver.
- Climbers under 18 years old must have a waiver signed at the climbing desk by their mother or father with photo ID.
- 1,000 square meters (11,000 sqr ft) of climbing surface as high as 15 m (45') at its peak
- Varied terrain with over 100 colour-coded climbs for climbers of all abilities
- Over 40 climbing lines for top roping or lead climbing
- Seven automatic belay systems that require minimal training or experience
- Extensive bouldering terrain
- Equipment rentals for indoor climbing
Click to read about the pdf EP Fitness Area Controls during COVID (236 KB)
Click to read about the pdf Fitness Class Controls (32 KB) during COVID
Plenty of workout space to meet your personal exercise and training goals. Overlooking the Aquatics Centre, enjoy the variety of cardio machines while burning a few calories.
- 2000 sq. feet of fitness (plus our recently expanded stretching/plyometrics room)
- 11 pieces of cardio equipment
- new weight training equipment
- overlooking the Aquatics Centre
Please note that the minimum age to access the Fitness area with an adult is 13. To access Fitness on your own, you must be 13-15 and have completed a fitness orientation, or be 16+ years old.
The Canmore Public Library has a stunning home in Elevation Place, you will be truly amazed by the natural light and feel that the space offers for browsing books, using the internet, or hanging out reading/working by the indoor fireplace.
Canmore Art Guild
Canmore Art Guild (CAG) was established in 1980 by local area artists and artisans. Run by volunteers, this gallery displays the diverse media which makes up an art community. Open Thursday to Tuesday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed Wednesdays. CAG welcomes new members and art appreciation volunteers! For more information on CAG please check out their website.