HBO Filming in Canmore
What is Happening
And that’s a wrap! All production-related activity has come to an end. Although we liked trying out what we may look like as a post-apocalyptic Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we are glad to look a little more like ourselves.
We thank all Canmore residents for their patience and excitement throughout the production.
What You Need to Know
- Filming for this production has concluded. There are no longer any traffic impacts.
- The HBO production had a positive impact on our local economy. The Town of Canmore’s direct film permitting fee will be approximately $150,000 in addition to the wider economic benefit of hundreds of hotel rooms booked throughout November and local residents hired to support the production such as construction crews, traffic accommodation, extras, production team.
- Some of the residual benefits may also be felt in the months and years to follow the airing of the production for the increased tourism for visitors drawn to the area because of the production.
- The Town of Canmore has a film permitting process in place to help review and manage proposed film productions within the municipality.
- We are open to future permit applications but will enhance our permitting process given the many learnings gained from this recent production to develop the conditions under which future similar-scaled productions could occur.