The Affordable Services Program is a coordinated community response that provides eligible residents with increased access to supports aimed at making Canmore a Livable Community for all.
With one application, the Affordable Services Program provides access to multiple community supports and services.
Who is the program for?
This program is for residents with affordability challenges. It will allow residents to sign up at one location, and understand what supports are available across Town.
What are the requirements for the program?
1. Income at or below:
a. Total Single individual income: $31,200
b. Total Family (2 or more in a household) income: $62,400
c. Proof of income required: Acceptable proof includes GST / HST rebate; CRA Notice of Assessment; and others as deemed appropriate.
2. Residency Requirement:
a. Individual to prove that they are a current Canmore resident
How do I apply for the program?
To apply for the program visit the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) office which is located in the Canmore Civic Centre at 902-7th Ave. You can also call the FCSS office for more information at 403.609.3743. Eligible individuals will be provided with an Affordable Service Program Identification card.
What services can I access with this program?
1. Free local ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
2. 50% off Regional ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
3. Recreation Fee Assistance – Elevation Place Membership & Campership - pdf Rec Fee Assistance Rates (1.54 MB)
4. Access to volunteer Income tax program
5. Food Supports
6. Free access to FCSS and Bow Valley Parent Link Workshops – including Financial Literacy workshops.
• Courses workshops, camps and half day Friday programs -75% discount off regular non-member list price
• Discounts (50% off) on movies, special screenings and live performances (does not apply to rentals)
• Free Sunday Family artsPlay programs, including art drop-ins and live presentations
8. Canmore Public Library annual library card