The Affordable Services Program is a coordinated community response that provides eligible residents with increased access to supports aimed at making Canmore a livable community for all.
With one application, the Affordable Services Program provides access to multiple community supports and services.
Who is the program for?
This program is for residents with affordability challenges. It will allow residents to sign up at one location, and understand what supports are available across Town.
What are the requirements for the program?
1. Income at or below:
a. Total Single individual income: $33,475
b. Total Family (2 or more in a household) income: $66,949
c. Proof of income required: Acceptable proof includes CRA Notice of Assessment; and others as deemed appropriate.
2. Residency Requirement:
a. Individual to prove that they are a current Canmore resident for at least 3 months
b. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or on the temporary foreign worker program
How do I apply for the program?
To apply for the program visit the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) office which is located in the Canmore Civic Centre at 902-7th Ave. Eligible individuals will be provided with an Affordable Service Program Identification card.
Download the pdf Affordable Programs Application (703 KB)
What services can I access with this program?
1. Local ROAM transit is free
2. 50% off Regional ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
3. Recreation Fee Assistance – Elevation Place Membership & Campership (one free week of Big Fun camps per child/year)
4. Access to volunteer Income tax program
5. Food Supports
6. Free access to FCSS and Bow Valley Parent Link Workshops – including Financial Literacy workshops.
7. Free annual pet licenses
8. Canmore Public Library annual library card
9. artsPlace - Minimum 50% off discount on courses, camps and half day Friday programs, workshops, movies, special screenings and live performances
Frequently Asked Questions