The Affordable Services Program is a coordinated community response that provides eligible residents with increased access to supports aimed at making Canmore a Livable Community for all.
With one application, the Affordable Services Program provides access to multiple community supports and services.
Who is the program for?
This program is for residents with affordability challenges. It will allow residents to sign up at one location, and understand what supports are available across Town.
What are the requirements for the program?
1. Income at or below:
a. Total Single individual income: $31,200
b. Total Family (2 or more in a household) income: $62,400
c. Proof of income required: Acceptable proof includes CRA Notice of Assessment; and others as deemed appropriate.
2. Residency Requirement:
a. Individual to prove that they are a current Canmore resident for at least 3 months
b. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or on the temporary foreign worker program
How do I apply for the program?
To apply for the program visit the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) office which is located in the Canmore Civic Centre at 902-7th Ave. You can also call the FCSS office for more information at 403.609.3743. Eligible individuals will be provided with an Affordable Service Program Identification card.
What services can I access with this program?
1. Free local ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
2. 50% off Regional ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
3. Recreation Fee Assistance – Elevation Place Membership & Campership (one free week of Big Fun camps per child/year) - pdf Rec Fee Assistance Rates (1.54 MB)
4. Access to volunteer Income tax program
5. Food Supports
6. Free access to FCSS and Bow Valley Parent Link Workshops – including Financial Literacy workshops.
7. Free annual pet licenses
8. Canmore Public Library annual library card
9. Pine Tree Players – 50% off tickets (limited number available)
10. The Range - 20% discount
• Courses workshops, camps and half day Friday programs -75% discount off regular non-member list price
• Discounts (50% off) on movies, special screenings and live performances (does not apply to rentals)
• Free Sunday Family artsPlay programs, including art drop-ins and live presentations
Please click pdf here (194 KB) for a list of frequently asked questions.
Success to Date
The Affordable Services program has approved 373 applications to date (up to July 31), providing 602 individuals with access to the program. A snapshot of services being used includes:
- Free local Roam bus passes - 198 six month passes issued
- Volunteer income tax program - 44 income taxes completed
- Campership program - 33 children attended camp at no cost
- Discounted Elevation Place passes - 318 individuals accessed Recreation Fee Assistance
- artsPlace discounts - 123 individuals accessed discounted programs
- Free Canmore Public Library card - 66 library cards issued