The Affordable Services Program is a coordinated community response that provides eligible residents with increased access to supports aimed at making Canmore a livable community for all.
With one application, the Affordable Services Program provides access to multiple community supports and services.
Who is the program for?
This program is for residents with affordability challenges. It will allow residents to sign up at one location, and understand what supports are available across Town.
What are the requirements for the program?
1. Income at or below:
a. Total Single individual income: $33, 977
b. Total Family (2 or more in a household) income: $67, 953
2. Residency Requirement:
a. Individual to prove that they are a current Canmore resident for at least 3 months: Driver's License, Lease Agreement, Utility Bill etc
3. Visa/Citizenship Requirement:
a. Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or on a Closed Work Visa.
b. Working Holiday Visas and Open Work Visas do not qualify.
How do I apply for the program?
To apply for the program please download the pdf Affordable Programs Application (349 KB) and bring completed application to the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) office which is located in the Canmore Civic Centre at 902-7th Ave. Please bring all required documentation: digital copies are accepted.
You will need to bring the following documentation:
1. Proof of Income:
- Most recent Notice of Assessment showing line 150 total income issued by Canada Revenue Agency
2. Proof of Residency for at least 3 months with one of the following:
- Driver's License with Canmore address
- Utility Bill with Canmore address
- Lease Agreement with Canmore address
- Financial Information with Canmore address
3. Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Closed Work Permit with one of the following:
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident's card
- Closed Work Permit
Eligible individuals will be provided with an Affordable Service Program Identification card, and will have a chance to sit down with FCSS staff to discuss affordability supports in Canmore.
Download the pdf Affordable Programs Application (349 KB)
What services can I access with this program?
1. Local ROAM transit is free
2. 50% off Regional ROAM transit - $3 card deposit required
3. Recreation Fee Assistance – Elevation Place Membership & Campership (one free week of Big Fun camps per child/year)
4. Access to Volunteer Income Tax program
5. Kidsport and Jumpstart
6. Free access to FCSS and Family Resource Network workshops
7. Free annual pet licenses
8. Canmore Nordic Center- 50% discount on single day passes
9. artsPlace - Minimum 50% off discount on courses, workshops, movies, special screenings and live performances
Frequently Asked Questions