Canmore is a community that welcomes all people to engage and participate in activities that makes our community and neighbourhoods great. There are a wide variety of activities that are free or available at a low cost. Below you will find some ideas that can be fun for everyone in the community to try.
- Go skating on one of Canmore's numerous outdoor rinks or ponds
- Toboggan down one of the many hills around town. The Nordic Centre, Cemetery Hill, Eagle Terrace, etc.
- Cross country Skiing is free at the Nordic Centre everyday after 5pm, the lights stay on the lit loop until 10pm.
- Try orienteering at the Canmore Nordic Centre
- Join the world’s largest treasure hunt and Geocache
- Enjoy the Canmore public Library’s great, free programs! Including Wednesday movie nights
- Go for a hike! Here are some hike ideas, and don't forget to check the bear report from WildSmart!
- Enjoy an art walk: Elevation Place and Canmore’s many local art galleries.
- Cheer on the athletes at the numerous world class events happening at the Canmore Nordic Centre
- Volunteer! Great way to meet people and get involved
- Kids age 0-6 visit ParentLink for their programming and drop ins.
- CYAN’s Yoga at the Opera House Wednesday’s at 7pm and is open to everyone!
- CYAN has many other events including pasta nights and board games nights.
- Shinny and public skating on Sundays at the Canmore Recreation Centre
- Try a trail run with Canmore’s Trail Culture on Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Enjoy Food and Friends on Monday nights at St. Michael's church from 5-7pm
- Know when to hold’em playing Texas Hold’em Thursdays at the Legion (7pm)
- Create during artsPlace Free family Sunday artsPlay
- Trivia Nights: Tuesdays at Half Hitch, Wednesdays at the Tavern, Thursdays at Graze, Sundays Rock and Roll trivia at the Tavern
- Open Mic Nights: Thursdays at the Tavern, Fridays at Good Earth Cafe, Tuesdays at Hy5
- Hot Chocolate Social every Sunday from 2-3pm at Origin at Spring Creek, everyone welcome!
Fun Special Events
- Canmore Museum is hosting a lego building contest!
- CP Rail Holiday Train comes to Canmore on Dec 13th from 5:45-6:30pm
- New Years Eve party on the pond
- Festival of Trees at the Malcolm Hotel
- Enjoy many of the free events happening during Winter Carnival
- Cheer on local athletes at the Biathlon World Cup
- Check out the many free courses that are offered by FCSS
- The Bow Valley Primary Care Network offers many free events and workshops
Have Something to Add?