- Go skating on one of Canmore's numerous outdoor rinks or ponds
- Toboggan down one of the many hills around town. The Nordic Centre, Cemetery Hill, Eagle Terrace, etc.
- Try orienteering at the Canmore Nordic Centre
- Cross-country skiing is free at the Nordic Centre every day after 5 p.m. The lights stay on the lit loop until 10 p.m.!
- Join the world’s largest treasure hunt and download the Geocaching app
- Go for a hike! Here are some hike ideas, and don't forget to check the bear report from WildSmart!
- Build a snow fort or sculpture in one of Canmore's open area or parks
- Become a bird watcher! Document the birds you see and learn how to recognize their calls
- Become a botanist! Learn to identify local trees and shrubs
- Learn to identify some local animal tracks and head out to find some after a fresh snowfall
- Volunteer! Great way to meet people and get involved
- Go Fish! Anyone under 16 years old does not require an Alberta Fishing License
- Visit artsPlace virtually and participate in online programming and events
- Go on an Artwalk and locate Canmore's public art installations
- Celebrate the legacy of the majestic bull elk who roamed the Cougar Creek neighbourhood with a self-guided walking tour
- Visit the Curbside Museum, located at the corner or Railway Avenue and Pinewood Crescent
- Enjoy Food and Friends on Monday nights at St. Michael's church from 5-7 p.m. (take out only)
- Visit CYAN’s Facebook page for a free virtual yoga class every Wednesday night
- Enjoy many of the free events happening during Winter Carnival in Feb. 2021
Have Something to Add?