Canmore is a community that welcomes all people to engage and participate in activities that makes our community and neighbourhoods great. There are a wide variety of activities that are free or available at a low cost. Below you will find some ideas that can be fun for everyone in the community to try.
Fun for Families
1. Get down and dirty with a family game in the Gaga Ball pit at Lawrence Grassi Middle School
2. Tee off with disc golf at the Nordic centre or at Three Sister’s golf course
3. Enjoy a summer play at the Bow Valley Camp Ground’s amphitheater (evening shows)
4. Try orienteering at the Nordic Centre
5. Take a dip during Chateau Canmore’s free Sunday swim
6. Create during artsPlace Free family Sunday artsPlay
7. Chill out at Quarry Lake
Fun for Youth
1. Shoot some hoops and play outdoor basketball: Canmore collegiate High School, Lawrence Grassi Middle School, Our Lady of the Snow, Kananaskis Way
2. Ride and play at Canmore’s recreation centre’s skateboard park
3. Gotta have more cowbell: Cheer on world class events at the Nordic Centre
4. Join the world’s largest treasure hunt and Geocache
5. Enjoy live music and coffee at the Good Earth Coffeehouse - Friday night Open Mic (7 p.m.)
6. Bend it like Beckham playing soccer Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. at Millennium
7. Test your skills at the Bike Skills Parks: Benchlands Trail, Nordic Centre, Millennium Park
8. Hit the driving range at Canmore Golf and Country Club
9. Play in the obstacle course at the Nordic Centre (behind the Biathlon Range)
Fun for All
1. Enjoy the Canmore public Library’s great, free summer programs!
2. Hit the gym while outside at the Centennial Park fitness structures
3. Play Pickle ball Saturdays at the Cougar Creek arena from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4. Cruise with the Cruisers and join a Community Cruisers group ride
5. Enjoy Food and Friends on Monday nights at St. Michael's church from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
6. Let’s Jam – Enjoy Canmore Jam nights: Thursday nights at the Tavern and Sunday nights at the Drake
7. Know when to hold’em playing Texas Hold’em Thursdays at the Legion (7 p.m.)
8. Test your smarts during Trivia Thursdays at the Graze
9. Go for a hike! Check out http://www.tourismcanmore.com/things-to-do/hiking on what to bring
10. Enjoy an art walk: Elevation Place and Canmore’s many local art galleries. There will also be a temporary art walk along Mineside trail from August 4 to October 16
11. Go on a treasure hunt: Can you find Canmore’s neighbourhood libraries? Or our hidden yet scenic park benches?
12. Tennis anyone? At Lions Park or Veterans Park
13. Group Bike ride with Outside Bike and Ski: Tall sock Tuesdays (6 p.m.), Women who shred Wednesdays (6 p.m.), Sunday funday (5 p.m.) or with Rebound on Wednesday (6 p.m.)
14. Try a trail run with Canmore’s Trail Culture on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. (visit them on Facebook)
15. Volunteer! Great way to meet people and get involved. Click here to find opportunities that are listed on the Town of Canmore’s website.
Have Something to Add?