Canmore is a Community that welcomes all people to engage and participate in activities that makes our community and neighbourhoods great. There are a wide variety of activities that are free or available at a low cost. Below you will find some ideas that can be fun for everyone in the community to try.
Did you know?! Canmore Local ROAM transit is FREE within Canmore. Masks are still required for riding the bus.
- Join the world’s largest treasure hunt and download the Geocaching app
- Ride your bike to Banff on the Legacy Trail
- Go for a hike! Here are some hike ideas, and don't forget to check the bear report from WildSmart!
- Enjoy a Gaga Ball game in the Gaga Ball pit at Lawrence Grassi Middle School
- Tee off with Disc Golf at the Canmore Nordic Center or at the Three Sisters Disc Golf course
- Play outdoor Basketball: Canmore Collegiate High School, Lawrence Grassi Middle School, Our Lady of the Snows, Kananaskis way, Cougar Creek Boarded rink, or Larch summer boarded rink
- Ride and Play at the Canmore Recreation Centre's Skateboard Park
- Test your skills at the bike skills parks: Benchlands trail, Nordic Center, Millennium Park
- Play a game of Pickleball at the Larch summer boarded rink or Veterans Park Courts
- Hit the Driving Range at the Canmore Golf and Curling Club
- Play in the Parkour course at the Canmore Nordic Center (behind the Biathlon Range)
- Hit the Gym outside at the Centennial Park fitness structures
- Spend a sunny day hanging out at Quarry Lake
- Become a bird watcher! Document the birds you see and learn how to recognize their calls
- Become a botanist! Learn to identify local trees and shrubs
- Volunteer! Great way to meet people and get involved
- Go Fish! Anyone under 16 years old does not require an Alberta Fishing License
- Do a tour of Canmore many local art galleries
- Go on an Artwalk and locate Canmore's public art installations
- Visit the Curbside Museum, located at the corner or Railway Avenue and Pinewood Crescent
- Visit Canmore's Mountain Market every Thursday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Elevation Place
- Enjoy Food and Friends on Monday nights at St. Michael's church from 5-7 p.m. (take out only)
- Every Wednesday night join CYAN at riverside park for free yoga in the park from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Have Something to Add?