The Town of Canmore Community Grant Program is intended to provide up to 50% of the total expenses for one-time, project-based initiatives within two municipal funding streams.Read More
Bertram Dyck Leadership Bursary
The Bertram Dyck Bursary was created by the Town of Canmore to honour Bert’s many years of leadership in our community - first as mayor for two terms from October 1992 until October 1998, and then as Chief Administrative Officer from March 5, 2001 until his retirement on May 15, 2005.
The $1,000 Leadership Bursary is awarded annually to a Grade 12 graduating student residing in Canmore. Applicants must compose and submit a minimum 500-word essay on Leadership.
The committee will consider the following:
- An understanding of the qualities of a leader (what makes a leader)
- Challenges to effective leadership
- A personal history of leadership, though not a requirement, should be in context of points a) and b) above
The bursary application is now closed.
Law Enforcement Bursary
Each year, the Town of Canmore awards a Criminal Justice/Policing Bursary to one local high school students pursuing a criminal justice/policing program in the upcoming fall semester for $2,500.
Criteria for Bursary
- Must be a permanent Town of Canmore resident
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Must provide proof of enrollment in the program they intent to participate in
- Must compose essay of minimum 500 words about leadership
Applicants must compose and submit a minimum 500-word essay on why they have chosen to pursue an education that is related to criminal justice/policing while also focusing on their leadership, volunteerism, and good work ethic. In addition to the essay, students must provide proof of enrollment for the program they intend to participate in.
The bursary application is now closed.
New Driver Course Rebate Program
Town of Canmore Council approved the use of $25,000 from the outflow revenue generated from the photo radar program to be put towards a rebate program called the New Driver Training Course Rebate Program. There will be a maximum of 100 rebates of $250 available to Canmore residents per calendar year. Please note that individuals are only eligible for this rebate program if they have completed the training courses in the current year.
2. Submit your completed form along with confirmation of completed Driver's Education Training Certificate and confirmation of Driver's License (Class 7 or Class 5) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/drop off in person at the following address:
Town of Canmore
Attn: New Driver Training Course Rebate Program
902 7 Ave
Community Grants Program
The Town of Canmore Community Grants Program provides funding to Canmore-based not-for profit societies and community organizations. Funding will support local initiatives and local/regional events that promote a circular economy, a sense of belonging, community affordability, and equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Visit our Community Grants page for more information
2022 submissions are now closed.
Lamphouse Emerging Artist Bursary
The Lamphouse Endowment for the Arts Fund: Emerging Artist Bursary is given annually to a Canmore resident who identifies as an emerging artist and pland to use the bursary award to further pursue their artistic practice (i.e. though education, supplies, residencies, etc.)
An eligible applicant must be:
- An emerging artist (i.e. an artist in the early stages of their career. See Terms & Conditions).
- A resident of Canmore for at least one (1) year.
- Planning to use the bursary award to further pursue his/her/their artistic practice (i.e. through education, supplies, residencies, etc.)
The maximum award is $3,000. Each funding year, $500 will also be awarded to a high school student
Visit our Emerging Artist Bursary page for more information
Applications for the 2022 Lamphouse Endowment for the Arts: Emerging Artist Bursary are now open until Nov. 14, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. MT