COMMUNITY RELIEF FUND APPLICATION – Closed
Deadline: noon, October 30, 2020
The Town of Canmore Community Relief Fund program is established to provide non-profits and community organizations with financial support to create programs, services, and events that will help Canmore residents maintain a resilient and sustainable community.
The grant will fund programs, services and events that focus on sport, recreation, parks, arts and culture, social services, and environment.
Successful applicants will receive a one-time financial contribution of up to $5,000 to support community and event organizations with their operational expenses during this unprecedented time.
Applicants will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
- Evidence that the organization has been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (based on 2020 approved budget and year-to-date actuals)
- Organization demonstrated good financial standing in 2019 (Based on board-approved 2019 financial report)
- Organization has an operational plan for 2021 that considers and adheres to provincial public health directives
- Organization has an operational budget for 2021 that includes a clear plan to balance any operational deficits by 2022
- Organization clearly outlines how the Town of Canmore Community Relief fund will be expended in 2021
- The Community Grant Selection Committee assess the organization’s 2021 operational plan and deems it as meeting community need (Based on the description of the organization’s 2021 operational plan)
- The Organization has applied for other available grants and/or support programs
- Organization adheres to all relevant Town of Canmore policies
Community Event Grant: POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
Eligible projects under the Community Event Grant stream are for events that create Economic Development and promote the Town as a destination for activities that fit our community identity while promoting a vibrant and engaged community. The community event grant application and applicant criteria can be found pdf here (279 KB) .
The maximum funding amount that eligible projects may be awarded is $10,000.
Community Initiative Grant: POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
Eligible projects under the Community Initiative Grant stream are for initiatives in sport, recreation, parks, arts, culture, social service, and the environment. The community initiative grant application and criteria can be found pdf here (274 KB) .
The maximum funding amount that eligible projects may be awarded is $5,000.
A summary of past recipients can be found pdf here (88 KB)