Community Grant Program 2018 – Community Event Grant Accepting Applications
The Town of Canmore Community Grants Program is established to provide funding to Canmore-based not-for profit societies and community organizations for projects that benefit residents of Canmore and enhance community programming in accordance with the Town of Canmore’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities. The objectives of the grants are to increase the capacity of local groups by providing occasional support for their efforts.
The Town of Canmore Community Grant Program is intended to provide up to 50% of the total expenses for one-time, project-based initiatives within two municipal funding streams:
1. Community Event Grant: Open - deadline extended to October 10th (noon)
The maximum funding amount that eligible projects may be awarded is $10,000.
Applicants to the Community Event Grant must demonstrate fit with the purpose of the grant. The purpose of the Community Event Grant is:
- To support sporting events at the Provincial, National or International level;
- To support unique, one-time cultural events;
- To create a unique, one-time social experience that connects visitors and residents within Canmore;
- To improve destination awareness and sustainable tourism; and,
- To increase civic pride through community celebration.
2. Community Initiative Grant: Applications closed for 2018
Eligible projects under the Community Initiative Grant stream are for initiatives in sport, recreation, parks, arts, culture, social service, and the environment.
The maximum funding amount that eligible projects may be awarded is $5,000.
Applicants to the Community Initiative Grant must demonstrate fit with the purpose of the grant:
- To support community organizations with launching new projects or initiatives;
- To launch a new event or program that promotes increased community access to organization(s);
- To create a community awareness campaign in support of an informed and educated community; and,
- To initiate a new community project aimed at increasing community connectedness.
Applications may not be considered eligible if:
- The application is incomplete;
- The application and related documentation is submitted after the posted deadline;
- The application is for ongoing operational costs, including uniforms and equipment, or for maintaining an ongoing event/ project.
- Application is for part of a regular project or a specific annual event that has previously received funding from the Town of Canmore’s community grant funding;
- Applicant has received municipal funding within the fiscal year for the submitted project or annual event;
- The project falls under the mandate of provincial or federal legislation;
- Applicant has not met the responsibilities of a previously provided grant; or,
- The organization is not in good financial standing.
Eligible applications will be reviewed and ranked by the Community Grant Selection Committee in accordance with the following criteria:
A summary of past recipients can be found pdf here (88 KB)