The Mayor's Volunteer Celebration is an opportunity to recognize and thank individuals or groups of hard-working volunteers for all that they give to our community. It acknowledges those people who are so important to the success of community fundraising efforts, programs, and activities, sporting events, organizations, and/or teams.
Each year, the Mayor's Volunteer Celebration is held in conjunction with National Volunteer Week.
Nominations can be submitted between February and mid-March each year. Show a community volunteer your appreciation by nominating them for a Mayor’s Volunteer Celebration award. This is your opportunity to recognize and thank the hard-working volunteers who are so important to the success of your sporting event, team, fundraising efforts, or program.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Nominees must have given freely of themselves/their organization and have made outstanding contributions in a volunteer capacity
- Volunteerism should have a positive and lasting impact
- Nominees will exhibit dedication and inspire the spirit of volunteerism in others
Objectives of the Celebration:
- To recognize outstanding volunteer contributions within the community
- To foster volunteer spirit in our community by recognizing excellence in volunteerism
- To promote volunteerism as a contributing factor to personal wellbeing and the quality of life in the community
- To appreciate that the leadership qualities of volunteers inspire others in our community both now and in the future