All programs are free but require registration. For dates and times, please see the calendar below or individual program descriptions.
To register for programs based in Canmore, click here
Additional free programming for Bow Valley Residents is available through the Town of Banff's website here.
Need more information? Contact us to learn more about programming, referrals, and other services.
Circle of Security is an eight-week relationship-based program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children. Decades of university-based research has confirmed that secure children exhibit increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better relationships with parents and peers, enhanced school readiness, and an increased capacity to effectively handle emotions.
The Course material will cover such topics as:
- Learning to read children’s emotional needs
- Supporting children’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhancing the development of a child’s self-esteem
- The importance of secure attachment relationships
- Developing relationship capacities
for details. Space is limited.
Program Dates: Thursdays May 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7 from 9:30 - 11 a.m.
Location: Elevation Place, Room 212
Location: Exshaw Legion, 16 Heart Mountain Dr
Program Dates: Monday, May 16 and June 6, 20 from 10 - 12 p.m.
The Family Support Worker (FSW) is available to meet individually with families with children 0-18 to identify needs, develop goals and build family capacity. The FSW provides prevention and early intervention supports and services to families for needs such as (however not limited to):
- Child development, toddler and pre-school sleep support, safety planning, establishing routines, sibling challenges, and behaviour management (0-6 years)
- Fostering independence, behaviour management, life skills, screen time, emotional regulation, social skills, safety planning, and sibling challenges (7-13 years)
- Healthy relationships, budgeting, boundary setting, coping skills, safety planning, sibling challenges, and behaviour management (14-18 years)
Curious about your child’s development? Check up on their development by completing these free online Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ and ASQ-SE). These questionnaires focus on:
- gross and fine motor skills,
- personal and social skills and
- social/emotional development
Once completed, a trained professional reviews the questionnaire and will provide activities to enhance development and/or make referrals to community agencies, if necessary.
This service is free and available to all families in the Bow Valley with children 0-5. To access the online questionnaire click here. If you require a paper copy visit your local Family Resource Network.