The Town has allocated up to $25,000 in 2022 to support businesses and property managers with the construction of bike infrastructure on private property. The aim is to support installations that will serve business owners and their employees, patrons and the general public. Secure bike storage, bike maintenance stands, and wash or repair stations are some examples of what could be considered for this incentive program. Innovative new ideas will always be considered!
- Eligible projects qualify for a 50% work & materials cost recovery incentive up to $2,500
- The 50% cost recovery incentive is only available for new or enhanced infrastructure
- Projects must meet all applicable standards, codes, and guidelines
- Funds are available on a first-come first-served basis until the $25,000 is exhausted (based on date & time that complete applications are received)
- The incentive will be paid within 30 days of completion of your new project (receipts indicating payment in full must be submitted)
- Services in kind are not eligible, but are a great way to save money and get better value
- Applications will be reviewed for eligibility
The purpose of the Bike Canmore Infrastructure Grant is to provide financial assistance towards projects that contribute to increasing accessibility of cycling for the travelling public.
In the last six years, this program has contributed to dozens of creative bike racks and secure bike storage around town. We're open to discussing any ideas. Secure bike storage, bike maintenance stands, wash or repair stations, bike racks, guest bike locks, and other end-of-trip facilities will be considered.
To apply please fill contact the Engineering Department using this form.