The town has allocated up to $35,000 in 2019 to support businesses in the town centre and gateway district for the construction of bike infrastructure on private property. The aim is to support bike-centric installations that will serve business owners and their employees, patrons and the general public.
Secure bike storage, bike maintenance stands, and wash or repair stations are just some examples of what could be considered for this incentive program! Innovative new ideas will always be considered!
- If you are a recognized Bike Friendly Business you are eligible
- Eligible projects qualify for a 50% work & materials cost recovery incentive up to $2,500
- The 50% cost recovery incentive is only available for new or enhanced infrastructure
- Projects must meet all applicable standards, codes, and guidelines
- Funds are available on a first-come first-served basis until the $35,000 is exhausted (based on date & time that complete applications are received)
- The incentive will be paid within 30 days of completion of your new project (receipts indicating payment in full must be submitted)
- Services in kind are not eligible, but are a great way to save money and get better value
- Applications will be reviewed for eligibility
Check out this document to learn more about bike parking that works: APBP Essentials of Bike Parking
The purpose of the Bike Canmore Infrastructure Grant is to provide financial assistance towards projects that enhance Canmore’s biking culture.
In the last four years, Bike Canmore has contributed to many creative bike racks and secure bike storage around town. But the possibilities are endless.
We are looking for innovative ideas that benefit the biking community. Secure bike storage, bike maintenance stands, wash or repair stations, bike racks, guest bike locks, and other end-of-trip facilities will be considered.
You must be a 2019 Bike-Friendly Business to apply for this grant.