WHAT IS THE SOLAR INCENTIVE?
- There are eight incentives available for 2017. The Solar Incentive is available for both existing and new homes and businesses.
- Participants in the Canmore Solar Incentive program are also eligible for a provincial solar rebate. Details on the provincial solar rebate can be found through Energy Efficiency Alberta
- All projects must meet building and electrical safety code requirements. Minimum system requirements are 2.5 kW solar electric system.
- All electrical systems must be CSA or ULC approved for installation in Canada.
- Applicants are responsible to complete the project and submit the necessary paperwork in order to receive the incentive including a final paid invoice for the installation and completed Microgeneration Agreement with Fortis.
- A Development permit is not required, provided the solar panels do not extend above the peak of the roof, are not more than 1.5 metres from the roof at any point, and the finishing colours on the device fit into the range of appropriate roof colours described in Section 9 of the Town of Canmore Land Use Bylaw, which are generally darker colours.
- An Electrical permit is required - your installer can arrange this for you.
- Eligible applicants must also commit to sharing the story of their solar installation with the community in various ways including, but not limited to: articles in the local newspaper, Facebook, YouTube, and the Town of Canmore website.
- Eligible applicants must also allow the Town of Canmore access to production data and provide the Town of Canmore any required information to do so upon completion of the Project.
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE YOU APPLY:
It's recommended you obtain a few installer assessments and quotes for your project. Applicants should choose service providers that are familiar with the details of this program. You can also visit the CanSIA member directory or the Solar Energy Society of Alberta to find a list of installers/contractors serving Canmore.
Complete the pdf Canmore Solar Incentive Application Form 2017 (121 KB) . Installers can fill out the basic information on the form but the declarations and signature must be completed by the owner/applicant.
Copies of both the final paid invoice and completed Microgeneration Agreement with Fortis must be submitted prior to disbursement of the incentive.