Geographic Information Systems (GIS) use a variety of technologies to create static, digital, and interactive mapping products. Spatial data is collected from a number of different sources such as engineering plans, GPS acquisition, and even paper products. This information is used by various departments in their daily operations, for future planning and analysis or for managing infrastructure.
Click the category below to see more information about specific GIS services that are available:
- Land Ownership Information
- The Alberta Land Titles provides free access to a Spatial Information System named SPIN2. Anyone can log on and use the SPIN 2's search services to search for ownership, title information, registered plans of survey and more. The website also offers the public the option of creating an account to purchase products.
Please visit the following url to access the SPIN2 website: https://alta.registries.gov.ab.ca/spinii/logon.aspx
- Road Construction Map
- Our interactive Road Construction Map shows current and upcoming road construction projects happening in Canmore. Click here to access the map: canmore.ca/RoadConstructionMap
- Online Property Information Viewer
- The Town of Canmore Property Information Viewer map provides a platform where the public can easily access property information and learn more about the environmental conditions and application planning documents that may affect development on individual properties. Click here to access the map: canmore.ca/PropertyInfo
- GIS Data
Some GIS datasets are available freely for download through the Town’s Open Data program. These datasets include LiDAR, orthophoto, addresses and more. Please visit the Calgary Regional Open Data website to browse all the datasets available at http://data-calgaryregion.opendata.arcgis.com/
Please note for each data request, a minimum charge of $25 applies for processing the data. For any extensive request, the custom mapping rate will apply.
Parcel mapping and cadastral boundaries is created, maintained and sold by AltaLIS. The Town can share this data only for Town specific projects. For all other uses, the data must be acquired through AltaLIS.
Custom maps may be created by request at a charge of $75/hr.
Data License Agreement
- Printed Maps
The following maps are available for purchase at the Reception of the Civic Center.
Maps Price Civic Address Map - Black and White $20.00 Legal Basemap (2 sheet) - Black and White $20.00 Land Use Districts - Black and White $20.00 Land Use Districts- Colour $20.00
Flood Risk Information Map (also available at http://aep.alberta.ca/water/programs-and-services/flood-hazard-identification-program/flood-hazard-mapping.aspx )