Town of Canmore utility bills are mailed bi-monthly (once every 2 months) and include base rate charges for recycling, solid waste, metered water and wastewater services as well as charges for water actually consumed.

Electronic Billing Enrollment

We have recently launched electronic billing for the utility program!  If you would like to receive your utility bills by email, visit canmore.ca/online-access  to enroll.  New enrollments to eBilling received by February 28, 2017 will be entered in a draw to win 1 of 5x $100 credits to be applied to your utility account!  The draw will take place in March 2017. 

Connecting a New Utility Service
Utility accounts are attached to the property and are not transferable when the property is sold. A new utility account is automatically created for your property at the time that we receive notification from Alberta Land Titles of your name(s) being registered on your property. When you sell your property you must request that a final bill be issued so that your account can be closed. See Making Changes to your Utilities for more details.

Recently Married or Divorced?
If the status of your name has changed, you must first register the change with the Alberta Land Titles office. The name(s) on your Town of Canmore tax and utility account will then be changed in due process.

Mailing Address changed?
Utility bills will be sent to the owner's mailing address as recorded on the title for the property unless written notification is received to change your mailing address.

If mail sent by the Town of Canmore Utility Department is returned by the post office as 'undeliverable', we will make a reasonable effort to locate the owner(s). If our efforts are unsuccessful the returned mail items will be stored in the tax roll file and a notation will be made in our database.

  pdf  Click Here to download a fillable Change of Property Owner's Mailing Address form (193 KB)