The developer is proposing the redevelopment of a 0.245ha (0.6 acre) parcel of land located at the corner of 7th Street and 7th Ave in downtown Canmore. The development would consist of a minimum of 28 units and a maximum of 40 units.
The proposed development received a land use bylaw amendment on June 6, 2017 and is now a Direct Control (DC) district. Some of the highlights of the DC district include:
- Commercial uses are not approved within the district.
- Building height maximum shall not exceed 14.5m.
- All parking will be required to be provided on site.
- Perpetual Affordable Housing (PAH), is optional for the development of the site.
- The developer will be responsible for contributing to offsite street improvements adjacent the site.
- The Development Authority for the principal development permit will be Canmore Planning Commission (CPC).