What is being proposed?
The developer is proposing the redevelopment of a 0.245ha (0.6 acre) parcel of land located at the corner of 7th Street and 7th Ave in downtown Canmore. The development would consist of 40 units, 10% of which will be Perpetual Affordable Housing (PAH) units.
The proposed development requires a land use bylaw amendment and proposes a Direct Control (DC) District which follows many of the guidelines listed under the current R4 district with some exceptions relating to building height, setbacks, density, parking, and landscaping.
The Town has received a land use amendment application for this location:
1. First reading has been tentatively scheduled for the evening of April 4, 2017. The Council agenda package will be available on the Friday prior to the meeting. The meeting is open to the public to attend, but no public input can be provided. Passing first reading by Council does not imply support for the application, but moves the application into the public realm for input.
2. Following first reading a public hearing will be scheduled, you can give your input in the following ways:
- Submit a written submission.
- Speak at the public hearing.
- The public hearing date and time, and details on how to provide your input will be advertised in the Rocky Mountain Outlook and on this page prior to the public hearing date.
3. After the public hearing, Council will consider the input it has received and may require changes before considering giving second and third readings of the bylaw. There is no opportunity for further public input at second or third reading.
This site on the corner of 7th St and 7th Ave is the current location of the catholic church (Our Lady of the Rockies). A proposal has been submitted to put medium density multi-unit residential housing on the site. The site currently contains a church, a single family dwelling and large parking lot which would all be removed.
Give your feedback to the developer