What is being proposed?
The proposed land use amendment is being sought to allow greater flexibility in design options to better respond to site conditions (steep slopes) and to enable a creative solution to more flexible entry-level housing options. Additionally, the amendment proposes to rezone two parcels of land that may be incorporated into a larger comprehensive development; one is the MR site council has directed administration to dispose of to compensate for the 990 Wilson Way MR purchase. The other is a Community Lands site that may be sold to generate funds to be used to develop housing in a better location.
- Amend the R2A-SC (Residential Family Low Density, Stewart Creek District) to add Garden Suites, Duplex Plus Dwellings and Comprehensively Designed Multi-Family Residential as discretionary uses, and to allow for detached garages in the front yard; and
- Change Lot 27, Block 21, Plan 1611360 (#205 Stewart Creek Rise) from R3-SC (Residential Comprehensive Multiple Unit, Stewart Creek District) to CC (Local Commercial District); and
- Change Lot 28MR, Block 21, Plan 1611360 (#201 Stewart Creek Rise) from PD (Public Use District) to CC (Local Commercial District).
The Town has received a land use amendment application for this location:
- The bylaw passed first reading on May 16, 2017. Passing first reading by Council does not imply support for the application, but moves the application into the public realm for input.
- A public hearing will be held on June 21, 2017 at 5 p.m. at the Canmore Civic Centre.
To view a copy of the proposed bylaw pdf click here (585 KB) .