Love Your Lake
We all love Quarry Lake
Many of our regional areas have seen an increase in visitation this year with the hot weather and travel restrictions. Visitors travel out to enjoy the mountains, young local families soak up the sun at the beach, and dog owners take their pups for a stroll. It's a busy and vibrant community hub that has seen a lot of love this summer, and now it's our turn to give back.
We all have a role to play as stewards of the landscape to ensure Quarry Lake is clean and welcoming for all. Most users are responsible guests and take advantage of our bear-proof garbage bins; however, some items blow away into the forest or are left behind. Garbage left on the landscape or disposed of improperly can threaten wildlife and reduce the enjoyment of other users.
Join the Bow Valley SPCA, WildSmart, and Town of Canmore Municipal Enforcement for a community clean-up day as an end-of-season goodbye.
Other Ways to Practice Your Stewardship
· Take the Pledge to the Peaks to commit to traveling lightly and respectfully in the mountains
· Be bear smart. Travel in groups and carry bear spray and know how to use it.
· Dogs disturb wildlife. Please keep your pup on a leash anywhere outside off-leash parks
· Please stay out of designated wildlife corridors, underpasses, or closed areas.
· Click here for more information about living with wildlife in the Bow Valley
Quarry Lake Info
· Respect 'no parking signs'
· Use the bear-proof garbage bins to dispose of your trash. Or pack-in, pack-out
· Dogs are not allowed at Quarry Lake (even on-leash)
· Use the available pit-toilet washroom facilities
· Respect others using the area
· Do not park on Highway 742 or in neighbouring residential areas
Click here for more information about Quarry Lake enhancements to create an enjoyable and sustainable experience for all.
As community members and visitors, we all have a role to play to keep our landscape clean. Help do your part as a local steward and lend a hand to love your lake as part of a fun, community event.
Bow Valley SPCA
Summer in Canmore
Paid Parking Program
Quarry Lake Enhancements
Co-existence with Wildlife