Canada Day LEGO Challenge
Calling All LEGO Builders!
Show us what Canada Day means to you! Get your LEGO blocks ready for the first-ever LEGO Challenge hosted by the Town of Canmore as a part of our Canada Day festivities. Our theme is Canada Day Floats. We are looking for the most imaginative miniature parade floats that you can build with your blocks.
Make sure your entry incorporates at least 10 red and 10 white LEGO bricks. You can use as many as you like, but you must use at least 10 red and 10 white bricks for your entry to be judged. A special prize will be awarded to the most creative use of red and white bricks.
Don’t think you have enough LEGO to build your parade float? No problem! Check out the LEGO selections at Hi Jinx and Canadian Tire here in town. They can help with a variety of LEGO sets available in store.
Categories for participation:
- 5-6 years of age
- 7-9 years of age
- 10-12 years of age
- 13+ years of age
Prizing for each category will be provided by Canadian Tire.
Rules and Guidelines:
- All entries must be original creations – not scenes built from a LEGO designed kit.
- No loose pieces - all pieces must be connected to each other, or to a base plate.
- All entries may be no larger than a 10″ x 20″ Lego base plate configuration to mirror a parade float.
- This contest is for the residents of Canmore, Alberta.
- Adults may not help children, and more importantly - children may not help adults!
- Submit photos of your Lego creation through the online portal
- All registration photos will be displayed online and in social media.
- Winners will receive prizing, lawn signage declaring their winning category, and a front porch portrait session (with the winning creations!)