The Library Board governs the Canmore Public Library in accordance with the provincial Libraries Act. The Board is responsible for hiring the Library Director and setting all the policies and regulations under which the Library Director and staff operate the library. Visit www.canmorelibrary.ca for more information.
The Library Board meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month, except in July, August, and December. Meetings are open to the public. For more information about the meeting schedule visit the Library's Board webpage.
The Board may consist of not fewer than 5 and not more than 10 members, no more than 2 who may be members of Council. Traditionally, the Canmore Library Board appoints 9 public members and one member of Council. The public member term is 3 years, and appointments are made by Council in late October every year. For more information about applying, visit Apply for a Committee.
2016/2017 Public Members
- Melinda Sampson - term expiry 2018
- Beth Millard - term expiry 2017
- Peter McKeown - term expiry 2018
- Susan Becket - term expiry 2017
- Anne Baker - term expiry 2019
- Vincent Gallant - term expiry 2019
- Ann Metikosh - term expiry 2018
- David Parkes - term expiry 2017
- Judith Smith - term expiry 2017
2016/2017 Council Representative
- Councillor Ed Russell