The Town of Canmore uses the Citizen Satisfaction Survey results to understand the needs and perceptions of residents, determine satisfaction with municipal services, identify spending priorities, identify areas for improvement, and overall quality of life in Canmore.
There is real value in conducting this exercise every two or three years to gather data on a broad number of benchmark questions as a tool to inform future priorities and direction for council and town administration. The most recent survey results are below.
- This was the first time the survey was done in the spring instead of the fall.
- 98% of Canmore residents rate their overall quality of life as good or very good
- Top of mind issues for residents are: social (affordable and available housing, cost of living), wildlife corridors, and growth and development.
- While approximately 75% of the respondents indicated their quality of life in Canmore had improved or stayed the same over the past three years, the other 25% indicated it had worsened. This is the same trend in other nearby communities.
- 76% of residents are satisfied with how the community is being run.
- 83% of the respondents feel they are getting good or very good value for their tax dollars.
- 94% of respondents are satisfied with the level and quality of the programs and service that the municipality provides.