Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
As part of the Community Social Development department, FCSS serves the community to enhance our quality of life by building a ‘Livable Canmore’ through partnerships, strength-based programs services, and policies that foster an inclusive and resilient community.
- FCSS builds strong communities through preventative social supports in three areas: 1) direct program/service delivery, 2) community development, 3) system/policy change
- Proactive and strength-based supports for individuals and families
- Independent living support services
- Social safety net support services
- Universal and targeted prevention programming
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Community partnerships
- Support Emergency Social Services delivery
- FCSS funding is based on a cost-sharing model between the Town of Canmore and the Province of Alberta. Municipalities must contribute a minimum of 20% to receive the FCSS provincial grant for local preventative social programs
Canmore Civic Centre
Canmore AB T1W 3K1
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.