You are eligible to vote in this election if:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are a Canadian citizen
- You have lived in Alberta for six consecutive months before election day (since April 16, 2017)
- You live in Canmore on election day
- You provide the required identification.
Determining your Residency
If you have more than one residence in Alberta, you must designate one place of residence for the purpose of voting.
“Residence” means the place where you live, sleep, and intend to return to after an absence. If you live, sleep and return to two places, you may choose only one location in which to vote.
When choosing your residence for the purpose of voting, use the following criteria in order of priority:
- The address shown on your driver’s license or identification card issued by the Government of Alberta;
- The address to which your income tax correspondence is addressed and delivered;
- The address to which your mail is addressed and delivered.
Before voting in the 2017 municipal election, you will need to produce identification confirming your identity and place of residence. If you currently don’t have identification, now’s the time get organized.
BEST: Identification issued by a Canadian government containing your photograph, current address and name, for example:
- Driver's Licence
- Alberta Identification Card
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque;
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university;
- Government cheque or cheque stub;
- Income/property tax assessment notice;
- Insurance policy or coverage card;
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
- Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
- Residential lease or mortgage statement;
- Statement of government benefits: e.g. Employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support, or child tax benefit;
- Utility bill: e.g. Telephone, public utilities commission, television, electricity, gas or water;
- Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate; or
- A letter or form (attestation) confirming that the person lives at the stated address. The letter can be signed by any of the following:
- authorized representative of a commercial property management company;
- authorized representative of a post-secondary institution;or
- authorized representative of a long term care or supportive living facility.
Canmore Civic Centre, 902 7 Avenue
Returning Officer: Cheryl Hyde