Election Day is Monday, October 18, 2021. Polls are open from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Location: Coast Hotel, 511 Bow Valley Trail
If you are not able to vote on October 18, you can vote at one of our advance elections or register for a special ballot. Keep reading for more information.
Advance voting will be held at the Canmore Recreation Centre, 1900 8 Avenue, Room 115 on the dates listed below. Advance voting is open to any elector who is unable to vote at the voting station on election day.
- Thursday, October 7 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, October 8 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 12 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 13 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Special (Mail-In) Ballots
Special (mail-in) ballots are available for any elector unable to vote at an advance vote or at the voting station on election day because of:
- Physical incapacity,
- Absence from Canmore, or
- Being a returning officer, deputy returning officer, constable, candidate, official agent, or scrutineer who may located on election day at a voting station other than that for the elector’s place of residence.
Registration for this service is required. The deadline for registration is Friday, October 15 at noon. To register:
- Telephone the returning officer at 403.678.1550 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
A copy of your identification (see Election - Voter Eligibility for a list of acceptable ID) must be included in the ballot package when you return it.
You can arrange for your special ballot to be mailed to you or you can pick it up at the Civic Centre reception desk. Electors voting by special ballot are responsible for ensuring their voted ballot arrives in the election office by 8 p.m. on Monday, October 18, 2021. Ballots can be mailed to the address below or dropped off at the Civic Centre reception desk (8:30 - 4:30 Monday through Friday) or drop box located next to the front doors.
On election day, additional voting stations will be located at:
- The Canmore Hospital - 1100 Hospital Place, Canmore, Alberta – for patients only. 10-11 a.m.
- The Bow River Seniors Lodge - 920 13 Street, Canmore, Alberta – for Lodge residents only. 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Origins at Spring Creek - 808 Spring Creek Drive, Canmore Alberta – for Origins residents only. 3 - 5 p.m.
Canmore Civic Centre, 902 7 Avenue
Returning Officer: Cheryl Hyde