Today Council approved the following:
- First reading of a Land Use Bylaw Omnibus amendment, with a public hearing scheduled for December 1. For more information: https://canmore.ca/town-hall/bylaws-policy/bylaws-pending-approval
- A housekeeping revision to renumber an existing bylaw (Bylaw 2020-24).
- Road Closure at Railway Court (Bylaw 2020-5).
- First reading of Tax Bylaw to allow for funding a Clean Energy Improvement program, with a public hearing scheduled for December 1. For more information: Clean Energy Improvement Program
- Implementation of a paid parking program in 2021 including strategies for high parking demand areas both inside and outside of the town centre, including Quarry Lake. For more information: Paid Parking & Fare Free Transit
- Installation of neighbourhood art on a temporary public site adjacent to the Cougar Creek midpoint pedestrian bridge on the east side of the pathway.
- An increase to franchise fees in 2021: Fortis from10% to 12%, and ATCO Gas from 27% to 30% with recommendations to support climate action initiatives in the upcoming budget process. The fee has not increased since 2016, and is comparable to neighbouring municipalities.
- Allocation of $4.2M in funding from the Municipal Operating Support Transfer (MOST) funding to address lost revenue and incremental operating costs due to COVID-19.
- A motion to postpone second reading of Bylaw 2020-14 Establishing a Direct Control District in Van Horne to institute a 60m setback from the Bow River until Nov. 17, 2020.
No changes were made to the Mandatory Mask Bylaw by Council today. As a reminder, there are a few exceptions for people who are unable to wear a face-covering. Please be kind and respect their situation. All information about the bylaw can be found at Actions Taken by the Town of Canmore in Response to Covid-19
To see the staff reports or watch a video of this meeting visit