Peaks Landing Land Use Bylaw Amendment
Council has received an application from a private landowner to amend the Land Use Bylaw by rezoning vacant lands in the Peaks of Grassi area to allow for development of approximately 27 residential units and up to 13 accessory dwelling units. A public hearing for this Land Use Bylaw amendment is scheduled for Tuesday, January 2019 at 5 p.m. For more information visit
Planning Board Updates
Council amended the bylaws authoring the Development Authority and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board. Key changes include allowing for per diem compensation to board members and the authorization to live stream and video record public portions of the meetings. The new bylaws will be available soon on Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (SDAB) and Canmore Planning Commission
Borrowing Considered for Five Capital Projects
Council gave first reading to five bylaws intended to authorize debenture funding for the following projects:
- Organics Diversion Program
- Lift Station 6 Lifecycle Replacement Construction
- South Bow River Loop Water Main Construction
- Bow Valley Trail Wastewater Upgrade Construction
- Bow Valley Trail Fire Flow Improvement Construction
These bylaws will be advertised in the Outlook on January 10 and January 17. Second and third readings are scheduled for March 5.
Other Council Approvals
· Procedural Bylaw updated to allow for longer regular meetings.
· Sustainability Screening Policy amended by removing the deadline for revisions requested by Council.
· Exchange of an unused road right-of-way in Three Sisters for an equal amount of developable land.
· Request that CCHC remit any funds received from the eventual sale of units in Mountain Haven Cooperative Homes to the Town.
· The 2018 Report to the Community is an annual report detailing progress made towards Council’s strategic priorities. This year’s report can be found here https://canmore.ca/documents/guiding-documents/3063-2018-report-to-the-community
· The All-In Project is an initiative intended to support the mental health of first responders.
· A project to draft a Cultural Master Plan for the Town of Canmore has commenced with the hiring of a consultant. This project will include significant stakeholder engagement, so watch for upcoming opportunities to participate.
To read any of the reports in the council agenda package visit https://canmore.ca/documents/3054-2019-01-08-council-agenda-regular or you can watch a video of any of the presentations from