Borrowing Approved for Five Capital Projects
Council approved five bylaws authorizing debenture funding for 15-year terms for the following capital projects:
- Organics Diversion Program
- Lift Station 6 Lifecycle Replacement Construction
- South Bow River Loop Water Main Construction
- Bow Valley Trail Wastewater Upgrade Construction
- Bow Valley Trail Fire Flow Improvement Construction
New Score Clocks for the Recreation Centre
Local business Crossway Community Thrift has offered to pay the costs of replacing the aging score clock in the Alex Kaleta arena in return for the display of their organization’s logo on the score clocks in both the Alex Kaleta and the Thelma Crowe arenas. Council agreed to go ahead with the project, with the understanding that the “Sponsored by Can Bow Motors” sign will remain posted in the Thelma Crowe arena until the score clock there reaches the end of its life in 2026.
· Public members Tory Kendal, Joanne March, Christine de Soto, James Kendal, Richard Greaves, Reid Costley, Jeremy Elbourne, and Bryon Parlo were appointed to the Downtown Business Improvement Area (previously known as the Downtown Business Revitalization Zone) board of directors.
· Michelle Vincent was appointed to the Community Grant Selection Committee.
· Town administration members Jolene Noel and Sara Jones were appointed as Clerks to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.