As a result of the ongoing pandemic situation:
The paid parking program is delayed to 2021.
· The Safe Park (overnight) program is being postponed and we will monitor emerging housing needs and the changing resources within the community to re-launch the Safe Park Program, or another similar program, to support our seasonal workforce this year. Updates will be posted here: Safe Park Pilot Program
The fire hall has increased full-time staffing to decrease the number of paid on-call staff needed to respond to emergencies.
For current information about the Town’s COVID-19 response visit.
Road Closure Bylaws
Council gave first reading to two bylaws intended to close portions of lands zoned (but not used) as public roads. Public hearings for both are scheduled for June 2, 2020. For more information visit
· 12th Street and 3rd Avenue (Railway Court)
· Portion of Plan 9312238 (Palliser Trail)
Council also approved:
· $54,000 in funding for Tourism Canmore Kananaskis
· A Tourism Bridging Document that outlines an implementation plan for tactics that require Town resources
· The Supplementary Assessment Bylaw
· A review of the Canmore Community Report format
· A snow and ice control agreement with Volker Stevin