Regular meeting schedule
The following is council's regular schedule of meetings. Notices of schedule changes, meeting cancellations, special meetings, and public hearings are posted on this site and, where time permits, on the Town page in the Rocky Mountain Outlook.
|First Tuesday of each month||5:00pm||regular business meeting|
|Second Tuesday of each month||1:00pm||committee of the whole meeting|
|Second Tuesday of each month||evening||reserved for the scheduling of special meetings, including public hearings|
|Third Tuesday of each month||5:00pm||regular business meeting|
|Fourth Tuesday of each month||evening||reserved for the scheduling of special meetings, including public hearings|
|Tuesday, October 24, 2017||1:30pm||Annual organizational meeting|
Election Season Schedule
- September 5, 2017 at 5 p.m. Regular Council Meeting CANCELLED
- September 12, 2017 at 1 p.m. Committee of the Whole Meeting
- September 12, 2017 at 6 p.m. Public Hearing for Bylaw 2017-29 Comprehensive Land Use Bylaw Update
- September 19, 2017 at 5 p.m. Regular Council Meeting
- October 3, 2017 at 5 p.m. Regular Council Meeting
- October 10, 2017 at 1 p.m. Committee of the Whole Meeting
- October 16, 2017 ELECTION DAY
- October 17, 2017 Regular Council Meeting CANCELLED
- October 20, 2017 at 5 p.m. New Council Swearing-In
Public hearings and other special meetings
Public Hearings will be advertised in the Rocky Mountain Outlook and on this site for at least two weeks prior to the hearing. Other special meetings will be advertised on this site, and, if time permits, in the Outlook.
Public attendance at council meetings
Council meetings are held in the council chamber at the Town of Canmore Civic Centre (902 7th Avenue). Council meetings are conducted in public. You may observe a meeting in person, or view a live stream of the meeting here.
Occasionally, all or a portion of a council meeting may be closed to the public to prevent disclosure of information protected by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This is known as "in camera." Whenever possible, in camera items will be identified in meeting agenda packages published prior to the meetings. Members of the public will be asked to leave the council chamber during discussion of an in camera item and the video streaming will not be available.
Access to meeting records
Visit our agendas, minutes and videos page to download:
- Meeting agenda packages, which are posted on the Friday prior to a scheduled meeting.
- Meeting minutes. which are posted after they have been approved.
- A recording of the webcast, which is usually posted the day following the meeting.
If you're interested in more information about what's discussed at council meetings, follow the Town of Canmore government page on Facebook.